Moss tent museum exhibition

2:58 p.m. on January 23, 2014 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Hi

Saw this on the billmoss blog thought it might be of interest. The tent picture in the post is cool looking. Any idea what it is?

I guess I cant post links. go to billmosstents. The post is from Dec

For an upcoming exhibition at the Grand Rapids Art Museum. Do you have a Moss Tent, in excellent condition, that you would be willing to loan to the museum for the show Michigan Modern?

Of course, if you live in Michigan that would be great, but we are looking for vintage tents from all over the county. Please email jane@chawezi.me or fill out the form on the contact page of this site.

And if you are in Michigan, or are planning a visit, don’t miss the Michigan Modern symposium in June 14. Marilyn Moss will be participating. Details to follow!

For an upcoming exhibition at the Grand Rapids Art Museum. Do you have a Moss Tent, in excellent condition, that you would be willing to loan to the museum for the show Michigan Modern?

Of course, if you live in Michigan that would be great, but we are looking for vintage tents from all over the county. Please email jane@chawezi.me or fill out the form on the contact page of this site.

And if you are in Michigan, or are planning a visit, don’t miss the Michigan Modern symposium in June 14. Marilyn Moss will be participating. Details to follow!

11:51 p.m. on January 24, 2014 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,082 forum posts

wish I could be there, sounds like fun

7:32 a.m. on January 26, 2014 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,213 forum posts

The tent in the post,where? I went to billmosstents.com but saw only the owners face.

12:47 p.m. on January 26, 2014 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
223 forum posts

Hi David, that tent is the original nylon version of the "Eave". The two individuals in the photo are Bill and Marilyn Moss.

12:50 p.m. on January 26, 2014 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,213 forum posts

Where do I find the tent picture?

1:38 p.m. on January 26, 2014 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
223 forum posts

Hi Gary, if you click on "blog" & scroll down that page, you'll see the photo of a green tent. There's a video if you clivk on the large photo of Bill Moss on the opening page.

9:58 p.m. on January 26, 2014 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,213 forum posts

Sorry but I scrolled down and went as far as page 5 and still do not see the tent referred to?

1:11 a.m. on January 30, 2014 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
223 forum posts
9:22 a.m. on January 30, 2014 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,213 forum posts

Okay now I seen it, wow, that looks quite modern and futuristic like it could still be a tent that is sold today. Thanks for posting the link abman47 .

October 22, 2014
Quick Reply