SOLD: Golite Jam 50L backpack

5:36 p.m. on March 7, 2014 (EST)
210 reviewer rep
4,219 forum posts

Jam_50L_Pack_Unisex_Opal_Gray.jpg

I have a new barely used Golite Jam 50 backpack. See this link to see everything about the pack:
http://www.golite.com/Jam-50L-Pack-Unisex-P46812.aspx
I bought it a month ago and only used it to transport my other gear from southern Utah to Jackson Hole. I decided I need a larger pack so I am selling this one. It costs $109.99 currently at Golite on sale from $220, but I am asking $95 to make a good sale.
It weighs just 1 lb 14 oz.

Reply here at Trailspace or send me an email. cgptsnaz@yahoo.com 

6:45 p.m. on March 7, 2014 (EST)
179 reviewer rep
191 forum posts
Re: FS: Golite Jam 50L backpack

Got it a month ago? Can you can return it to Golite ? They have a 30 return policy.

Maybe if you give 'em a call you can wrangle an exchange for the bigger Jam?

6:47 p.m. on March 7, 2014 (EST)
210 reviewer rep
4,219 forum posts

Maybe! I just sent them a email request about it. Thanks for the idea.

1:29 p.m. on March 8, 2014 (EST)
210 reviewer rep
4,219 forum posts

Nope, they won't take it back without the tags that had been on it. I don't even have the original receipt. 

So its still for sale $95. The one I want in only $149.

4:43 p.m. on March 8, 2014 (EST)
BRAND REP TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,003 reviewer rep
476 forum posts

Unless you've got the original tags attached and it's still fresh out of the box, GL won't take it back. They're definitely a company focused on moving things out the door and not taking them back in.

Wound up selling my GoLite on eBay. Would've been at a loss, had it not been for a thorough Google search - found the pack I wanted for $69.99, instead of the $130 everyplace else wanted. 

If you've got time, Gary, just do as BROAD a google search as you can. Tracing the most seemingly vague links can lead you to a retailer seldom used by most.

My new pack was discontinued, but one store had a few left on closeout. The specs were listed on their site, but the exact size wasn't. After several calls and e-mails, they confirmed it was the size I wanted and shipped it out.

That said, Kittery Trading Post in Maine rocks my socks. They hooked me up with a pack I otherwise wouldn't have been able to get, and were nothing but friendly and outgoing throughout the entire process.

6:07 p.m. on March 8, 2014 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,979 reviewer rep
430 forum posts

Eric Labanauskas said:

That said, Kittery Trading Post in Maine rocks my socks. They hooked me up with a pack I otherwise wouldn't have been able to get, and were nothing but friendly and outgoing throughout the entire process.

You should see their taxidermy displays!  They have more animals in that store than most forests.  In store service suffers at times just because they get packed with customers on weekends.

11:26 a.m. on March 9, 2014 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,219 forum posts

I found some decent backpacks at http://www.ebags.com/

They have a High Sierra Long Trail 90 for $110. 

7:47 p.m. on March 9, 2014 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
11 forum posts

What  is the torso length on this pack? Also the cu. inches?

2:46 p.m. on March 10, 2014 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,219 forum posts

Its a 19.5-21.5 large Jam 50 liter pack. 49.5 cm-54.6 cm

Its this pack here in the large size. I am 6'7" tall so I bought it in large.

And its the Opal Grey color.

4:31 p.m. on March 11, 2014 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,219 forum posts

I am willing to lower the price to $80 as I need to sell it so I can afford to get another larger backpack ASAP.

I have a new barely used Golite Jam 50 backpack. See this link to see everything about the pack: 

It costs $109.99 currently at Golite on sale from $220, but I am asking $80 now.
It weighs just 1.14 lb

ts a 19.5-21.5 large Jam 50 liter pack. 49.5 cm-54.6 cm

Its this pack here in the large size. I am 6'7" tall so I bought it in large.

And its the Opal Grey color as in the image below.

It is in like new condition, I have only used it once for a day moving from southern Utah to NW Wyoming. I have removed all the tags that came on it.

7:57 p.m. on March 12, 2014 (EDT)
BRAND REP TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,003 reviewer rep
476 forum posts

Push comes to shove, Gary, I'd suggest putting this up on eBay (or even CraigsList, if there's a local demand for outdoor gear around you?). 

GL packs sell all the dang time on eBay. 

Just be sure the pictures show it well-lit and photograph it someplace uncluttered  - I've found those kind of shots produce the best results and easiest sales. 

Shipping packs can be expensive, so I'd suggest removing the foam frame sheet and packing it separately. It will allow you to pack it into a smaller bag/box and offer a lower shipping price (or at least take some of the burden off yourself if you're paying for it). Just did this for a pack I sold last week, and it cut the cost of shipping down by $5.

8:55 p.m. on March 12, 2014 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,219 forum posts

Actually being it has the foam back I have packed/rolled it down to 12x8x8 inches.

IMG_2092.jpg

I made it like the image above when I was going to carry it on my bicycle to ride to Tucson in January so it would fit into one of my pail panniers on my bike. Put my foot in the image to show scale.

I simply rolled it, strapped the straps together and buckled the belt and should straps and then pulled the top bag section over and strapped the top strap down.

I have it listed at craigslist as well posted when I posted it here at TS.

9:38 p.m. on March 12, 2014 (EDT)
MODERATOR TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
6,336 reviewer rep
832 forum posts

You tempt me sorely, Gary. But I'm currently testing a pack for Trailspace, and my wife would KILL ME, if I bought another backpack.

10:50 a.m. on March 22, 2014 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,219 forum posts

The Golite pack has been sold.

2:37 p.m. on April 10, 2014 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,219 forum posts

Well, I am not so sure its sold. The buyer has yet to send the money, or if he has I have yet to see it? I am putting the pack back up for sale if anyone is interested? I have the Golite raincover for it as well. 

$75 get both the pack and the rain cover.

The pack cost $220 new, I only used it once to pack my gear to carry it on the bus to Wyoming from Utah. Its on sale now at Golite for $109.99. The one I have is just as good as new, no wear,its as clean as new and I can ship it anywhere.

Need the money to help pay my rent in May.

This is the color of the pack. Its the large version at 19.5-21.5

This is what the pack cover looks like and it fits 50-80 Liter packs.

50-80L-Pack-Cover.jpg

Scott if you have sent the money please let me know ASAP. I check the mail today and still don't see it? Been 10 days since the first when you said you were sending it.

4:34 p.m. on April 13, 2014 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,219 forum posts

I have sold the pack to Scott Martin, thanks Scott!

7:25 a.m. on April 14, 2014 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
11 forum posts

Thank you Gary

October 24, 2014
Quick Reply