Wanted: Montbell + Bibler Eldorado

2:34 p.m. on December 3, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Gary

Montbell gear and ultralight 4-season tents

1:17 a.m. on December 5, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

I have a 4.5 lb North Face single wall tent for sale- it's in like new condition and very easy to set up. Much like the bibler i tent.

C

1:01 p.m. on December 5, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Gary Pikovsky

What is the name of the tent? Condition? Features? Price? Year of production?
Thanks
Gary

4:20 p.m. on December 5, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

4:57 p.m. on December 5, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Gary Pikovsky

Chris,

Is it like new or can you tell that its used? What is the original price of the tent?
Gary

6:52 p.m. on December 5, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

Gary,

it looks like it's been used 5 times. No rips, tears, holes, wear, etc. But it's not *brand* new. It's bright yellow and there is no dirt on it or anything. I guess if someone saw you up in the mountains in it they would think it was very new. They would comment on the fact that it had no wear marks and may think that you are a guy who buys new gear, and has money. Maybe one of them is a woman, and she's hot. You invite her into your used (but she doesn't have to know that) tent and all the sudden you are happy you guyed it out, even though there is no breeze that night.
The original price was $560.

6:56 p.m. on December 5, 2004 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
943 forum posts
Brilliant sales pitch.

You must be in sales? Or advertising? :-)

-Dave

7:10 p.m. on December 5, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

Re: Brilliant sales pitch.

...So on the following day you move out and with the brightness of your tent and your bright mind develop a cult of faithfully loyal group of amazingly beautiful mountain women who make your trip to the mountains a day in heaven. ;-)
The end?

As far as the tent, I like it and if you still have it would like to buy in about 3-4 weeks. I'm a college student who just landed a dream job (in advertising :-) ) so money should be good in a few weeks. I'm currently watching a bid on ebay for a brand new Assault 22. After it finishes, I'd like to see the price and compare it to yours.
Gary

9:26 a.m. on December 6, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

Gary,

I like it- where can I get a cult folowing? Actually, one girl is about all I can handle right now...
You can have the tent in 3-4 weeks providing that I still have it- I can't promise I will hold it for you. But it's not on Ebay or anything.

C

3:18 p.m. on December 6, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

Nice,

I should be able to come up with a sum in a few weeks. If you sell the tent in that time frame, no hard feelings.
G

September 20, 2014
Quick Reply