Long Shot--Looking for NF Polar Hotel Tent Poles

12:04 p.m. on May 14, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
105 forum posts

I have a North Face Polar Hotel tent that needs its original super-strength tent poleset--thicker tubing than the polesets for the NF Himalayan Hotel which I'm using in place of the original Polar Hotel poles. The tent is a variation of the Himalayan Hotel, with snow flaps on the fly, heavy-duty zippers & built with no mosquito netting in the doors because it was made for use in polar conditions. Very few Polars made, but maybe someone out there knows where a poleset could be located. Thanks !

10:10 a.m. on May 15, 2009 (EDT)
141 reviewer rep
218 forum posts

Have you contacted The North Face and asked about them? I am sure that if they dont stock them they can lead you to a manufacturer who does, assuming they are still made.

Also, check with these guys

http://www.polesforyou.com/

They may can help you.

11:48 a.m. on May 15, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

A polar hotel - the stuff you dig up never ceases to amaze me. Good score!

11:49 a.m. on May 15, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
105 forum posts

I have an inquiry into North Face regarding the Polar Hotel poleset, but they have yet to respond.

12:18 p.m. on May 15, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
105 forum posts

Alan: It is quite a tent--they were made for the Will Steger Trans-Antarctica Expedition of 1989-1990 to withstand the wind & cold of Antarctica--North Face made a few additional Polar Hotels for the 'commercial' market--I saw one set up at the North Face Store in Seattle back in 1990, but never figured I would obtain one. HEAVY tent--total around 25 lbs., not practical for backpacking! Mine does not have the heavy-duty poles that originally came with the tent, but the poleset from the Himalayan Hotel works just fine. It would be nice to pick up a set of the original beefier poles.

10:18 p.m. on May 18, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
105 forum posts

I have an inquiry into North Face regarding the Polar Hotel poleset, but they have yet to respond.

Checked again with North Face Customer Service/Warranty: Apparently there are no 'old-timers' at North Face--no one had any idea about what I was talking about regarding a Polar Hotel tent, let alone a poleset for one, so I'll just stick with the poleset for the Himalayan Hotel instead.

July 9, 2014
Quick Reply