FS: Lowa Banffs--B width!

11:10 p.m. on July 29, 2009 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,069 forum posts

Gently used all leather (one piece!) non-goretex Banffs, size 10.5, narrow (B) width. These are in great shape with a few hundred miles on them. Some scuffs on the toes, but lots of tread left in the Vibram soles. These are completely waterproof (stand-in-a-stream waterproof), and have been regularly treated with Nikwax grease to keep them that way. Full leather liners+no goretex=no sweaty feet!! I have a very narrow heel, a high arch, and an overall low-volume foot, and these fit me very well with a SOLE insole and 1/8" shims.

These can be resoled, and will last you 10+ years with proper care. They are built for extended off-trail trekking, and work well in all but the absolute coldest and hottest conditions. I've trekked through 8" of snow in these boots in perfect comfort, and they are equally at home in 90+degree summer heat. I hate to part with them because it took me quite a long time to find this kind of fit, but my hiking style has changed since I bought them, and they are simply overkill for my needs.

More checking interest right now than anything; not quite sure if I'm ready to let go yet. Looking for $150/$180 with the SOLE insoles, not including shipping. Would also entertain trades.

12:45 p.m. on August 18, 2009 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,069 forum posts

These have thick, stiff leather that will take the abuse of off-trail hiking; can be used with non-automatic crampons, and will shine in talus conditions. Make an offer!!

2:16 p.m. on September 12, 2009 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,069 forum posts

Fall is fast approaching...someone's got to have a big trip planned...

12:53 p.m. on November 9, 2009 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,069 forum posts

Winter time is here...

11:25 a.m. on January 4, 2010 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,069 forum posts

No one needs a burly pair of German boots?

1:06 p.m. on January 29, 2010 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,069 forum posts

$180 shipped for the whole shebang.

2:10 p.m. on March 8, 2010 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,069 forum posts

No more SOLE insoles; stockers back in. $130 or trade for a bivy sack.

September 19, 2014
Quick Reply