About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

HEX 3

10:55 a.m. on February 11, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
24 forum posts

Selling my Hex 3, Hex 3 nest, Hex 3 Floor, Pole and adapter pole to set up with a hiking pole for 300.00. Retail would be 450 - 500. I only used it about 4 times. Just need the money to pay bills.

10:50 a.m. on February 16, 2010 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
3,925 forum posts

spulaski53, this is what you are selling correct, see pictures... (A picture is worth a thousand words) Pictures sell faster...

He says....Selling my Hex 3, Hex 3 nest, Hex 3 Floor, Pole and adapter pole to set up with a hiking pole for 300.00. Retail would be 450 - 500. I only used it about 4 times. Just need the money to pay bills.

This is what the Hex 3 looks like in Bamboo with the nest inside.

Picture two is the Hex 3 (Evergreen color)

Picture three is the Hex nest

Picture four is the Hex floor

I have all three and love this tent for lightweight and multi-use. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a light tent with plenty of room and packs small.

11:01 p.m. on February 18, 2010 (EST)
11 reviewer rep
9 forum posts

mr gary only if i had the dollars

9:45 a.m. on February 19, 2010 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
3,925 forum posts

The tent for sale is not mine, it is the guy who started the post at top (spulaski53), I just sent pictures to show what it looks like, I am not selling my tent!

2:46 p.m. on March 2, 2010 (EST)
RETAILER
8 reviewer rep
47 forum posts

the six steeply sloping sides shed sleet/snow superbly

9:41 p.m. on March 2, 2010 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
3,925 forum posts

Yes, these tents are very good as four season tents, tho I would not camp where it dumps a lot of snow. Anyone looking for a good large lightweight tent should consider this one.

If I did not already have mine, I would buy it!

10:28 a.m. on March 3, 2010 (EST)
2 reviewer rep
16 forum posts

Interested (trying to resist the want vs. need argument)...

Questions about the tent for sale -

What color (superficial, I know)?

Any rips, tears, repairs, etc.?

Questions about the tent in general (Gary?) -

I am still a 'tent' person at the moment, so I would probably use the Nest at first. I can't tell if there is any vestibule area from pics, but it doesn't look there is one when using the Nest. Can someone confirm? If there isn't, how would one handle wet, sloppy boots? Being picky, but I am curious.

TIA

2:16 p.m. on March 3, 2010 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
3,925 forum posts

There is no vestibule, but the rainfly does have a good sized door. I a not the seller (see origianl post) but I know it either comes in Bamboo color as above and Evergreen. The one I have is green, I like blending in not standing out. I used mine in wet raining everyday Alaska Tundra where my boots were constintly wet. I take em off at the door and put them in a stuff sack for in the tent.

It is a good tent Tinkrtoy. I have used mine for 10 years. I had a North Face VE24 before it for 27 years. This has as much headroom and floorspace, but weighs about 1/4th as much.

I use the floor when I do not expect rain and peg it out. I used just the bugnetting again when no rain, but like in Alaska when there were tons of bugs. And both the rainfly and bugnetting have a loop on the top outside to tie it to a limb for more room without the pole. And a hiking stick can be substituted for the pole if you use one. The pole is anodised aluminum shock corded in three pieces.

I should be the seller of this guys tent I have posted ore about it than he has.

6:32 p.m. on March 3, 2010 (EST)
2 reviewer rep
16 forum posts

Thanks, I appreciate the first hand knowledge. You would make a good salesperson :)

9:17 a.m. on March 4, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

[b]spulaski53[/b]: I am in the market for this tent. Shoot me an email at stedgar@comcast.net to discuss as I have some questions.

You posted it's the HEX 3 not the shangri-la 3. It's my understanding there is an 8 oz weight difference from the two with the HEX being heavier. Will you confirm the weight? What condition are the 3 items in? Is the $300 posted a firm price? Thanks, Scott.

April 19, 2014
Quick Reply