WTB Early Winters tent

10:11 p.m. on March 8, 2010 (EST)
27 reviewer rep
95 forum posts

I am looking to purchase an Early Winters tent. Winterlight, Omnipotent, etc. Thanks!

(I would consider a tunnel tent from another company as well.)

10:21 p.m. on April 24, 2010 (EDT)
6 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

My Omnipotent delaminated years ago. You sure you want one? For some reason, mine produced plenty of condensation in cold weather, and you can't sit up in one unless you are rather short.

9:41 a.m. on April 26, 2010 (EDT)
27 reviewer rep
95 forum posts

Despite your reported problems, I definitely still want one. However, I am having zero luck obtaining one.

11:21 a.m. on May 19, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

I have an Early Winters Starship that I'd be willing to sell. It's well used and has mold on the interior, but it's still pretty cool. I'll be gone until 5/24, but if you're interested I'll see if I can set it up and take some pictures.

3:18 p.m. on May 19, 2010 (EDT)
27 reviewer rep
95 forum posts

Great thanks! I would love to see photos.

How much are you asking? I am assuming the mold wouldn't be a problem to clean up. Any other problems off the top of your head? holes, tears, etc?

10:43 a.m. on May 20, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

Please send photos of the Starship photos to Bruce Johnson at his vintage gear site. For that matter, please post them here as well, I'd love to see them. Bruce would love these for his web site. Bruce's contact information is on his site. Here are his early winters pages.

http://www.oregonphotos.com/Early-Winters-1.html

11:31 a.m. on May 26, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

Sorry to leave everyone hanging for so long- I just started a new job the day I got back! I should be able to set up the tent and take some pictures this Saturday. No issues other than mold that I'm aware of (along with mold comes the smell of mold, of course), but I'll double check when I set it up.

12:06 p.m. on May 26, 2010 (EDT)
27 reviewer rep
95 forum posts

Thanks.

4:53 a.m. on May 28, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

I have an Early Winters Light Dimensions tent I'd be willing to sell. It is used but clean and in great condition.

If interested let me know the price you are willing to pay.

Thanks, Soldaris

5:09 a.m. on May 28, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

I have an Early Winters Light Dimensions tent I'd be willing to sell. Used but in great condition. No mold. No rips. Complete with stuff sack and poles. If interested let me know what you'd be willing to pay.

Thanks, Soldaris

10:54 a.m. on May 28, 2010 (EDT)
27 reviewer rep
95 forum posts

Email sent.

8:20 a.m. on May 30, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
17 forum posts
11:08 a.m. on May 31, 2010 (EDT)
27 reviewer rep
95 forum posts

That's Soldaris' tent.

10:08 a.m. on June 1, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

I finally stopped slacking! Here's my beauty! (It isn't staked out- the grass behind it was too shadowy for good pictures)

10:11 a.m. on June 1, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

Here are a few more...

10:30 a.m. on June 1, 2010 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,073 forum posts

Thats a great looking tent! In the first shots it really does look like a starship. And I like green tents.

10:32 a.m. on June 1, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

Now that I've set it up again, I'm able to give you a little better idea of the condition. As I mentioned before, there is mold and the smell that goes along with that. The zipper pull on the door has fallen off on the outside, but the pull is still fine on the inside (I still have the pull that fell off and the zipper itself opens and closes with no problems). The seams need to be sealed again as the seam sealer is beginning to get flaky. On the interior, there are a lot of little specks that I assume are dried seam sealer. I have assorted tent stakes that go with it, but I'm sure they're not original. I've left everything as is; I haven't tried to clean it in any way. Now that that's out of the way... The tent sets up extremely taut, it's obviously very well made. There are 4 poles (all the same length) that feed through full sleeves, are lightweight aluminum and in fantastic shape. The design is sort of an asymmetrical oval/ocatagon, maybe about 4 feet high, 7 or so feet long and about 5 feet wide (just guesses). There are storage pockets in every corner, and mesh in the window and door. It packs down pretty small and I would guess it weighs about 6 pounds with everything. For a tent that's probably approaching 30 years old, this is a pretty cool design (sorta reminds me of a Bibler). I'll sell it for $200 plus whatever it costs to ship it to you.

11:20 a.m. on June 1, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

Thanks for posting the phots, that is a really cool tent.

July 26, 2014
Quick Reply