About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Jansport Bush Pack w/ D series hip belt

8:19 p.m. on March 11, 2010 (EST)
73 reviewer rep
301 forum posts

Time to move along this pack... need the basement room and it isn't getting used enough!

Jansport Bush Pack - circa 1979ish

It is in great shape, very clean. Zippers all work perfectly. All pieces and buckles are here. No tears, no obvious abrasions. I installed a D-series belt with aluminum wings on it. I also have the original belt for it, if you want to go original and stock on it.

$60 shipped - USPS - Insurance/Confirmation extra

8:05 p.m. on March 13, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,073 forum posts

must resist

8:41 p.m. on March 13, 2010 (EST)
73 reviewer rep
301 forum posts

Ahh, the siren call of vintage gear... I am a sucker also.

I'd also consider a partial (or full) trade for a stainless cookset...

8:04 p.m. on March 14, 2010 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
301 forum posts

Alright... found a stainless cookset at the local gear store that will do quite nicely... so, let's drop this so I can go snag it!

$50 shipped!

10:18 p.m. on March 15, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,073 forum posts

Resistance is futile. I'll take it. Send me an email.

11:04 p.m. on March 15, 2010 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
301 forum posts

Will do! Thank you sir!

4:19 p.m. on March 16, 2010 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
301 forum posts

Sold and Shipped. Thanks Alan!

10:00 p.m. on March 24, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
50 forum posts

I also have one for sale !! the waterproofing has started to peel on the inside but could be recoated with a sealer...

one or two small holes ...

still in excellent condition..

make me an offer...

I can email pictures..

scmschanderl@aol.com

2:05 a.m. on March 25, 2010 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
1,741 forum posts

I knew it! As soon as I saw the header, in the index, I knew Alan would be on this in a heartbeat. I can't believe it lasted 4 days or that Alan held out that long.

10:32 a.m. on March 26, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,073 forum posts

Tom, I hate being predictable, but in the end it was meant to be. If it were not for the D series hip belt I may have been able to pass it up. That said, I've been too busy to open the package, still wrapped up and in my car.

2:57 a.m. on March 28, 2010 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
1,741 forum posts

Definitely a classic. I remember drooling over those in the catalog, but never owned one. I did own a Jansport travel pack from that era. It had a tube frame, panel zipper and the belt was on a removable "U" that unbolted from the rest of the frame so you could tuck the straps and the frame with the belt inside the pack for travel on a plane. The straps went into a separate pocket on the front of the pack (front meaning the side against your body). A simple, but clever design. I gave it away when I moved a while back. Should have kept it. I used it a lot back in the 80's.

7:58 p.m. on March 28, 2010 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
301 forum posts

Still haven't opened it? That's a crying shame!

11:47 p.m. on March 29, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,073 forum posts

At long last I had time to open the pack. I didn't want to do so until I had more than a minute to admire it. For the past two weeks I've been running every night bringing kids to play practice/attending school board meetings/church meetings....

The pack is better than advertised, it looks new. Some of the subtle details I remember (dual density foam in the shoulder straps) and some I had forgotten about (the built in stuff sack in the sleeping bag compartment).

This pack will be a great conversation started on the trail. Thanks much.

10:44 p.m. on April 1, 2010 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
301 forum posts

So glad to hear it met your expectations. I always worry about selling something online and try to understate condition a bit to make sure the buyer's expectations are met. Enjoy it! Need to see some pics of it in action.

April 19, 2014
Quick Reply