Wanted teepee or pyramid style tent !!!

6:43 p.m. on March 30, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
50 forum posts

Looking for a pyramid or teepee style tent in good condition !!!

The kind you stake the corners & use a center pole to hold the tent up.. ( Im trying to make camp setup & takedown as fast as possible, I also want to reduce the weight in my pack from the 9lb tent I have now)

Email me what you got, price, condition, etc...

scmschanderl@aol.com

9:59 p.m. on March 30, 2010 (EDT)
2 reviewer rep
16 forum posts

There is one for sale over on BPL like you are looking for. Not knowing what you are looking to spend, but this one should halve your total shelter weight (or more) depending on what parts you bring...

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=30498

Cheers!

7:09 p.m. on March 31, 2010 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,083 forum posts

Brand new the Golite Shangri-La 3 with the floor weighs 3 lbs 6 oz and costs $350 new. It packs into two small sacks. I do not have one for sale nor know where you can get one used, just thought I would mention it. I used a 12 lb North Face VE25 before this tent. I used to carry just the rainfly with a homemade floor to save weight.

11:46 p.m. on April 1, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
167 forum posts

schandrel

didn't you like the moss superfly that you bought from jim? isn't that what you are looking for? i noticed that you sold it on ebay. i am curious what you didn't like about the superfly.

steep and cheap was selling golite's a while back, you might check there.

12:11 a.m. on April 2, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
50 forum posts

The superfly was a great tent but no floor !!
(if I had the floor I would have kept the tent)
I want to find a tent with the optional floor..

no floor for summer camping, the floor for wet spring and winter camping....

If you have a tent like this let me know !!

Thanks....

Shane... scmschanderl@aol.com

1:49 a.m. on April 2, 2010 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,083 forum posts

Ebay has a Golite Shangri-la 5 tipi style tent, current bid is $177.50 See product description at www.golite.com The Shangri-la 5 retails for $350 and weighs 2 lbs 15 oz with the rainfly,floor,stakes and single pole.

I have the Hex 3 which is an older version of this tent. You can use the fly alone, the inner no-see-um floored section alone or all together.

July 30, 2014
Quick Reply