About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Golite Shangri-la 3 tent

3:07 a.m. on June 27, 2010 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
3,929 forum posts

This is a very good, lightweight tent. Mine is Forest Green not Aspen Yellow like the one below. It comes in three parts, the fly, the bug-netted floor and the floor without the netting (shown at bottom) it weighs 2 lbs 7 oz for the fly, 1 lb 12 oz for the bug-netting section and 15 oz for the floor section or 4.125 lbs total. The stake ties on the fly have reflective strips, there are two bug-netted vents on the front and back top of the fly which help prevent condensation. The tent use's one shock-corded pole in the middle (can be substituted with a hiking pole) and has a loop on the outside top to sling it to a limb above for more space inside. Its a hexagon shape at 8 feet at width. Considered a two person tent, but will sleep three if the tent is tied to a limb above instead of the pole.

I use the fly and floor section alone during non-bug seasons. The floor alone during non-rain or snow conditions as a staked out ground sheet to sleep on, or the bug-netted section when flies and mosquitos are a problem but no rain. The rainfly is considered a three season tent.

I have used it in Alaska, Utah, Arizona and Wyoming during all the seasons. It has no tears,holes and its like new condition. The three parts together are currently $525 from www.golite.com , I want $200 plus shipping.

9:48 a.m. on June 27, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

How much for just the bug-netted floor ??

3:22 p.m. on June 27, 2010 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
3,929 forum posts

I'd rather not sell them separately as it would'nt work for me in bug season. I am offering it beacuse I am buying another tent and am trying to get 2/3 the cost of the new tent back.

1:09 p.m. on June 28, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

Hi,Gary, my name is Chris and i live in England i will gladly give you the 200 bucks you are asking for the golite tent and accessories. Obviously i will pay the shipping costs as soon as you can let me know what they are. I am not in a great hurrY so cheap and slow is fine by me, i can pay you immeadiately i hear from you via paypal < ipresume that will work from country to country?> anyway hope to hear from you soon, all the very best, Chris.

3:27 p.m. on June 28, 2010 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
3,929 forum posts

Okay Chris,

I just sat up an Paypal account. How does this go, I have never used Paypal? Where in the U.K. am I sending the tent so I know what to tell the postal service to get the estimated postage.

As soon as I know the address there I will contact the post office here to get the correct postage.

I just sent an email with my phone number if youwan to call me about your postal address?

Gary

3:39 p.m. on June 28, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

Hi, Gary, my address is 2, Redbrick cottage, The street, Kelshall, Royston, Herts. Sg89sq .I will find out how the paypal thing works. Chris. P.S. I think the postage will be the same for any part of England.But you will be able to find that out your end.I will be online for another hour and a half then i go to bed.. If i dont hear from you tonight i will check my email before i go to work.

4:14 p.m. on June 28, 2010 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
3,929 forum posts

So your address is

Chris Angus

2 Redbrick Cottage

Kelshall

Royston, Herts

Sg89sq

This is the way I will write it on the box? If not write it the way I should on the box.

4:26 p.m. on June 28, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

Write The street underneath 2,redbrick cottage and aboveKelshall. Everything else is good.Oh, under the zip code write England,UK.

4:30 p.m. on June 28, 2010 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
3,929 forum posts

Sorry please write it the way one would address it to you not out in a sentence. Your address'es are different than ours.

I'd hate to send it only to get it back missaddressed....I am not sure which is a town, and which is the address

4:44 p.m. on June 28, 2010 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
3,929 forum posts

I have the box ready to ship just need to address it properly.

So let me try again

Chris Angus

Redbrick Cottage, Kelshall

Royston, Herts

Sg89sq

England, UK

?

5:16 p.m. on June 28, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

Sorry for the hassle, Gary, i now cant get my computer to type in anything other than a straight line, send your phone number to my email address and i will call you, or my wife will be home in an hour and she will be able to figure it out. Im a computer novice!! I asked paypal and they said all i have to do is send the money to you email address and then you just press alink and it then goes in to your paypal account. We will succeed!! Chris.

5:25 p.m. on June 28, 2010 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
3,929 forum posts

I just emailed my phone number, what time is it in England where you are? Its 2:20 pm on Monday here in Arizona, we dont use daylight savings time in Arizona so the time remains the same year round, while all other states change theirs. But the Navajo's do observe D.L.S.T guess they just had to be different! As the Hopis who's reservation is in the middle of the Navajo's Res are on AZ time.

5:46 p.m. on June 28, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

Got your first two emails but not the one with phone number yet. Its almost eleven at night here so we must be about 9 hours ahead.

5:58 p.m. on June 28, 2010 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
3,929 forum posts

928-280-8514

6:08 p.m. on June 28, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

Ive tried calling the number and also the operator tried it for me. can you check the number please? Dont you just love modern technology!!I think i will have to get out on the trail this weekend to recover(joke)

6:10 p.m. on June 28, 2010 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
3,929 forum posts

928 380 8514 not 280

8:02 p.m. on June 28, 2010 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
3,929 forum posts

This was in southern Utah in 2008 Fall. Just after sunset with the full moon.

And in Grand Teton nat'l Park in 2008 Summer. Midday in July. Thats Grand Teton above.

2:20 a.m. on June 29, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

Has the 256 dollars got to you yet? I have to go to work now where there is no computer I will go online again when i return at 6 .All the best Chris.

10:52 a.m. on June 29, 2010 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
301 forum posts

Gary... as always... your pictures impress

11:27 a.m. on June 30, 2010 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
3,929 forum posts

This tent is sold, its on its way to England as I write this.

April 20, 2014
Quick Reply