About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

For Sale: Go-light Shangrila 1-person net tent

9:44 a.m. on September 14, 2010 (EDT)
21 reviewer rep
148 forum posts

Go-light one person netted tent. Bathtub floor, all mosquito netted canopy, d shaped front zipper entry. Requires a tarp for wet weather protection. Sorry, but I have been calling this the nest, but it is the shangrila. $50.00, excellant condition, no returns, I`ll cover shipping. Weighs 1 lb. Black color. borndorff@eveningsun.com pay pal is good.

10:34 a.m. on September 14, 2010 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
3,925 forum posts

I am interested in the net tent, I assume it also has the pole and stakes?

I use Paypal, below is my information.

cpatflgaz@yahoo.com

Here's my mailing address:

Gary C Palmer

521 North Bertrand Street

Flagstaff, AZ 86001

I will send you the money later today as soon as you verify that I am the buyer. I will check back around noon when I come home for lunch.

4:13 p.m. on September 14, 2010 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
3,925 forum posts

I am also interested if this is the one you mean, I forgot there were 3 Golite tents with the same Shangri-la name. I can use this too. I have a tarp that will fit it.

7:10 p.m. on September 14, 2010 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
3,925 forum posts

I am back home. Whenever you are ready and let me know the net tent is mine, I will send the money via Paypal.

Does it have stakes? I can get some if not. I am looking to use it this fall here around northern Arizona.

10:05 p.m. on September 14, 2010 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
3,925 forum posts

Well, unlike me, I see that you Brad don't check your trailspace a lot. I would really like too get that net tent. I have some hikes and bicycle trips planned for the next few weeks and want to go as light as possible. I see the net tent weighs 1 lb which is perfect with my tarp in case it rains.

My only other tent is a North Face Mtn 25 and it weighs to much. I have thought about trying to set up just its rainfly in the pine needle covered forests that I will be staying in, but a bug netting will be better.

8:28 a.m. on September 15, 2010 (EDT)
21 reviewer rep
148 forum posts

sorry gary, but i don`t have a home computer, i use mine at work so i can`t always respond in a timely fashion. check your e-mails. pay pal to borndorff@eveningsun.com

9:41 a.m. on September 15, 2010 (EDT)
21 reviewer rep
148 forum posts

Yes Gary this is a nice bivy tent. I used this all spring/summer one year on the A.T. I always used a ground cloth and I always take the best care of my equipment so it can take care of me. I recently switched to a Mountain Laurel Designs net tent. It is virtually the same design but lighter weight materials which shaves off 7oz. but the coated floor on yours/ the Go-Light seems more appropriate for the desert. Its really tough material. I believe it came with stakes-long gone now but I always used sticks with rocks on to hold corners. Anyway, best wishes,prayers and enjoy. I wish I was out there with you, maybe next year. Thanks, Brad O. Trail name- Citizen.

10:45 a.m. on September 17, 2010 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
3,925 forum posts

So did you get the net tent off yesterday? And maybe a tracking number?

9:45 p.m. on September 22, 2010 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
3,925 forum posts

Tent came yesterday, looks good!

April 19, 2014
Quick Reply