Wanted: Eureka Windriver 4 Tent Poles

12:28 p.m. on October 6, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

I loaned by tent (Wind River 4) to a friend who then 'lost' the poles.... so... I am looking to buy poles from someone who no longer has (or has worn out) the tent or fly.

10:48 p.m. on October 6, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

Campmor will sell replacement poles which should fit. Otherwise contact Eureka directly.

10:18 a.m. on October 7, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

I checked with Campmor first and then called Eureka. The Wind River 4 has been discontinued and niether outlet has the poles. I called a custom pole manufacturer (recommended by Eureka) but the cost to custom manufacture the tent and fly poles is prohibitive.

Thanks for your response.

12:30 p.m. on October 7, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
223 forum posts

Allen, was the custom pole manufacturer poles TentPole Technologies polesforyou.com? I have priced out replacement aluminum poles from them and also found them cost prohibitive. I ended up sourcing poles and fabricating my own. Here is a great source for materials and information on how to build your pole set: Quest I would suggest getting the pole specifications from Eureka or someone who has this tent, sourcing poles from Craigslist or garage sales, and build your own. I just gave away several sets of fiberglass poles(Craigslist "free" section). I've had good luck using Craiglook and asking people if they'd be willing to send me items if I paid the postage cost(free items) and have also had limited success buying items with shipping involved. There are numerous warnings posted on CL about dealing with non-locals, mostly regarding Western Union and variations of the Nigerian Scam. I offer to send payment with PayPal(if they have it), or a USPS money order, which can be cashed right at the Post Office.

Good Luck! Let me know what you find out about the specs for these poles, I think I've still got a set of 2 heavy duty 3/8" X 15' 9" fiberglass poles buried somewhere in my gear dungeon.

4:18 p.m. on October 7, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

The Eureka Wind River used these types of poles.

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___61981

Campmor sells them in varying diameters and off hand I do not know which diameter of pole was used by the Wind River. If I think of it tonight I'll check an old catalog, sometimes that information was listed.

Eurkea also made a version of the Wind River called the Wind River Outpost (my first tent). This was the same tent, but had two doors instead of one and aluminum poles instead of fiberglass poles. Aluminum poles are much nicer, however the pin at the corners of the tent may be too large a diamter to fit into an aluminum pole. I don't know if campmor sells this style of pole, but Quest mentioned above does I believe.

The tricky part is getting the poles in the proper length since you do not have one to use as a guide. If you can find out the pole length you can cut a set of poles to size.

The wind river was a very servicable tent, if you are patient you should be able to find something to make it work.

10:31 p.m. on October 7, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

Catalog check did not list pole diameter. You may call Eureka and ask, my guess is one of the narrower diamter poles will work.

September 23, 2014
Quick Reply