For Sale: Fabiano Ria Boots, Mens 11

7:16 p.m. on February 6, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,308 reviewer rep
1,072 forum posts

These are some of the finest boots I’ve ever had the pleasure to own, and it pains me to have to get rid of them. I just bought them, new, from a gentleman that had them stored away for a rainy day. He bought them in the early 80’s, to the best of his recollection. That puts these new-condition boots, with original storage bags and shoebox, at some 30 years old. They are a mens size 11, narrow width. They run about a half-size small, which is why they are up for sale; I was not informed of this, and, thinking my normally-size-11 foot would fit into this size 11 boot, was quite pissed to find my toes touching in both shoes.  If you normally wear a size 10.5, or even a 10, these would be a great fit for you.

DSCN0054.jpg

DSCN0052.jpg

They are noticeably narrow boots, fitting my “B”-width feet very comfortably. I would imagine those individuals with a “C”-width feet , or even lower-volume “D”-width feet, would do well with these boots. They have no removable insoles, only a very ergonomically-designed, contoured last, and a leather footbed. They will accept a thin insole. They are a hand-made, Italian-made, Full-grain-leather backpacking boot with Double Norwegian Welt construction. The Vibram Montagna Block soles are brand new, and as shinny as the day they were nailed on.

DSCN0044.jpg

DSCN0053-2-.jpg

The only way to get boots made like this today is through a custom bootmaker…and I’m going to say that I think, to the best of my knowledge, a person living in the United States cannot buy new, one-piece, full-grain-leather, Italian-made boots. Zamberlan is the closest, but their boots have way more seams than these Fabianos. There is no backseam to irritate your Achilles Tendon; the heal-cup is entirely seamless. As with all good boots, there is no Gore-Tex liner. These are lined in glove-soft leather. I am so angry that I have to sell these…

DSCN0047.jpg

DSCN0051.jpg

These boots will last decades with proper care and maintenance. They will be your best friend through the worst conditions, and you’ll never have to worry about a seam blowing out. They may be the last hiking boots you have to buy.  You’ll pay some $600+ dollars for a pair of Pete Limmer’s boots. You’ll pay $1600 for Van Gorkom’s boots. One can find similar Fabiano boots, in new condition like these, on ebay now for $500. I would be fool and a moron to offer these up for less than $300 shipped. Please understand, they are worth so much more to me—and to anyone with narrow, low-volume feet like me—than $300, but I’m not looking to take advantage of anyone. Accordingly, I will only accept payment through paypal, for your protection and mine, and can have these boots boxed and shipped within a day or two of your payment clearing. I just let one of the best pairs of boots in the world slip through my hands; don’t make the same mistake…

12:30 p.m. on February 7, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,082 forum posts

I am glad these won't fit me so I don't have to agonize over spending the cash.  They are beautiful.  Leather lined boots are so much more comfortable than the synthetic lined versions.

9:57 a.m. on February 10, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,308 reviewer rep
1,072 forum posts

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

11:49 a.m. on February 12, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,308 reviewer rep
1,072 forum posts

Yeah, so these aren't just in "like-new" condition: they're new. Never been worn outside. I slipped my feet into them just long enough to know they were to small for me, on carpet.

You know how some people try to tell you a boot is in new condition, but you can tell it's just a really stout boot that wears well and has been taken care of? Not these. These are brand new, in box, with original storage bags. There is not one crease in the leather. There is not one fold in the tongue bellows. There is no compression of the inner leather footbed.

There are 100% ready to mold perfectly to your feet.

10:45 a.m. on February 19, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,308 reviewer rep
1,072 forum posts

$250 shipped for the next week, then they're going on ebay with a starting price of $250.

8:58 p.m. on February 25, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,308 reviewer rep
1,072 forum posts

$200 shipped for the next 2 days, then on ebay for $250.

3:47 p.m. on March 23, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,308 reviewer rep
1,072 forum posts
9:08 p.m. on March 31, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

I have a pair.   Older, but not 'old'.   They run smaller,  and narrower than American people's feet.

If you are lucky enough to find a pair that fit well, you'll be thanking your lucky stars.

They're kinda heavy and clunky by today's standards.   But, one can hike for miles and miles on some pretty rough and rocky trails (and off-trail) without fear of twisted or turned ankles.   Can lend fine support for heavy packs, also.

r2

10:15 p.m. on April 3, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,308 reviewer rep
1,072 forum posts

They're kinda heavy and clunky by today's standards. But, one can hike for miles and miles on some pretty rough and rocky trails (and off-trail) without fear of twisted or turned ankles.   Can lend fine support for heavy packs, also.

They are heavy by today's standards because today's footwear standards are far below what they were when these boots were made. Today's fabric patchwork boots with their extemporaneous seams are nothing but engineered failure waiting to happen...

October 22, 2014
Quick Reply