PIF Solo tent

3:42 p.m. on April 5, 2011 (EDT)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

PIF- Pay it forward

These are the conditions..

1) If you have a piece of gear and your not useing it or going to and a member can. Anti up

2) It has to be of eaqual or lesser value

3) Person with the item can charge shipping.

4) the next person has to post about PIF. When they can. Or they have gear they no longer want or need..

For trusted trailspace users.

I have too much gear and it is time to start unloading. Denis and I were talking about PIF on off topics. I thought that this might be the place to start.

I have a Gander Mountain Blaze Solo tent.

It is 7'x3'4"x36" weight 3lb 3.8oz

why? I feel claustrophobic in it. No vestuble.

Cost: shipping only

I did a review on it, and you can see the manual at www.northpoleltd.com.

go to search manual, enter NP 73436.

It is a fine tent only used 2 times. Once in a good storm. Didnt leak. If you are over 6' tall I think this tent might be to small for you.

Please post your PIF gear. You know you have something another person would love to use, thats just sitting there.

6:42 p.m. on April 5, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
22 forum posts

I'll take it!  I've got a water filter I've been needing to sell that will be about the correct price.....Email me and we will make this happen....

tdaward@suddenlink.net

8:06 p.m. on April 5, 2011 (EDT)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

You got it. Emailing.

8:47 p.m. on April 5, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,237 forum posts

Hey Mikemorrow,  As per the rules for PIF, can it be a combo of gear as apposed to just one piece to make it a more or less an equal a PIF experiance. thanks

9:22 p.m. on April 5, 2011 (EDT)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Apeman

I think that you can add any gear you no longer use. This is recycling, or down sizing. Start the post with PIF. Get rid of that gear no longer used to someone that will use it.

I have more gear but I'm waiting to see how this goes. I do have gear that can be used.

9:25 p.m. on April 5, 2011 (EDT)
87 reviewer rep
1,067 forum posts

I am for multiple items also..I also have some more and want to see how this takes seed...

9:33 p.m. on April 5, 2011 (EDT)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

This is a good website. I trust many here.

9:39 p.m. on April 5, 2011 (EDT)
87 reviewer rep
1,067 forum posts

Have to agree Mike some of the best members I've had the oppertunity to learn from...

6:41 a.m. on April 6, 2011 (EDT)
121 reviewer rep
599 forum posts

I don't have a ton of gear, but there's got to be something I don't use - I will look through and see if I can PIF.

11:07 a.m. on April 6, 2011 (EDT)
87 reviewer rep
1,067 forum posts

@ ICLIMB- What you penned on this site about community spured this and myself seeing this work on another site..i had purchased some items from a guy in Boston and he had 5 great items he couldn't sell. He put them PIF. Then I PM'd him and asked to explain it to me. He said why not help someone who could use them and they inturn help someone else. I thought that was a great model.. By the way you already PIF'd  by raiseing money for that charity while climbing and helping your family this week...

October 21, 2014
Quick Reply