Sierra Designs Clip Flashlight tent

8:50 p.m. on May 14, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
64 forum posts

Lightly used,well taken care of.Includes the Sierra Designs footprint and 12 lightweight aluminum stakes. 85.00 plus shipping CONUS

ebay-may-14th-005.jpg
ebay-may-14th-008.jpg
ebay-may-14th-012.jpg

9:58 a.m. on May 21, 2011 (EDT)
72 reviewer rep
311 forum posts

What is the weight and is it 1 or 2 person?

12:13 p.m. on May 22, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
64 forum posts

Not sure of the weight without a scale.Web sources say a little over 4 lbs. I used this as a single person shelter and had room for all my gear.Unless you're with your significant other,I would'nt call this a 2-person tent.More like a 1.5

4:08 p.m. on June 8, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
93 forum posts

whistlestop said:

Not sure of the weight without a scale.Web sources say a little over 4 lbs. I used this as a single person shelter and had room for all my gear.Unless you're with your significant other,I would'nt call this a 2-person tent.More like a 1.5

...I agree. A bud had borrowed one of these and we took it on a climb on Eldorado up here in the N. Cascades a few years back.  All our gear stayed outside and both of us were more "cozy" than we had expected.

I thought this tent was just a newer incarnation of the SD Starflight that I have when I agreed to share the Clip flash on the climb  but I was wrong. My Starflight is definitely a larger tent....when I got home and measured the Starflight I confirmed my suspicions.

I wouldn't mind having one of these but have a Garuda Jalan and Atman so am pretty well covered in the 1.5 person range.

Mazama

August 29, 2014
Quick Reply