WANTED!! poles for backpack dome tent

3:13 p.m. on July 6, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Please can someone help me? My grandson was given a 8ft x 6ft backpack dome tent with broken poles I have tried every where to get poles for this tent but they are all too large or too small Where can I call/write to get poles for this tent? My grandson is Autistic and has been wanting to go camping but without the poles!

Please email me if you know where I can get poles!!!

3:31 p.m. on July 6, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Do you know what brand/model of tent it is?

5:40 p.m. on July 6, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,237 forum posts

Here is my experiance with tent poles.  There have been a lot of poeple looking for tent poles as of late with me bieng one of them.  I still have not found what I consider to be resonably priced poles.  I'm not trying to discourge you in any way but my experiance has shown me that with the time you will spend looking for tent poles along with the amount of money you will spend you might just want to look on your local Criagslist and get a used tent.  You will save money and time in most instances.  If you want to keep looking for poles we here can give you some tips.  As Rick asked, what type of tent is this , make and model, do you know what type and size and length of poles the tent came with?   You will need all of that info. before you can start looking for poles.  I would start with a call to the manufacture if possible.

If you can find a tent with poles on Craigslist that is the same as your tent you will then have a spare body for your tent.

Where do you live?  Up here in the Seattle area on Craigslist there are 101 tents listed with 40 at $50 or less and 24 at $30 or less.   

4:02 p.m. on July 29, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
12 forum posts
September 18, 2014
Quick Reply