For Sale: 1 Pair of PIVETTA EIGHTS (Boots) $50 + shipping

9:57 p.m. on August 23, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

These are really nice boots that I bought from a member but are two narrow for my fat little feet at the ball.  The length and the heal width are perfect for me jsut to narrow up front.  I do not know how Pivetta sizes their boots and so far no one has been able to explane it to me.  They say in just one boot 7  AA.  However they measure exactly 10in long toe to heal.  They are narrow in the front of the foot.  They were worn very little so they are not broken in yet, hence you can break them into your feet like a new boot.  They have never been treated or waterproofed so you may chose your own first boot treatment.  Since I bought them from a member I'm selling them for the money I have into them. $50 + shipping.  They do not have incerts.  They measure inside 10in toe to heal, about 3 5/8in at the ball of the foot inside.  The sole measures 11 3/8 in long.
DSC04294.jpg
DSC04295.jpg
DSC04296.jpg
DSC04297.jpg
DSC04298.jpg

11:12 p.m. on August 31, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
93 forum posts

..you know these just might fit me. What size normal shoe do you take?

Best,

Randy

11:50 p.m. on August 31, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

Really,  I Normally take a 9 to 9.5.  These fit me just fine in the length, their just way to thin.  If you want we could meet as I have to get that stove from you and you could try them on.  I have some shoe streatchers that have a width adjustments.  I was thinking of weting the boots and streatching them as my listing has produced no interest in these nice boots.  I will hold off if you want.  Measure the bottom of your foot with a tape measure.  The inside of the boots measure 10in toe to heal.  The bottom of my foot measures 9 3/4.  So these boots would lend themselfs to being worn with a nice lite/med pair of wool socks if they were just wider, for me.  I'd rather not try and widden them as if it dosen't work they might be wrecked.  Let me know if they are of interest to you. 

I just remembered that I have to come over to Seattle and meet a guy at the REI Parking lot to get some tents and stoves on Thur Sept 8th.  Would this fit into your plans?  Let me know.

10:16 a.m. on September 1, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
93 forum posts

..that might work. Right now on plane to San Jose.... will measure foot and let you know Randy

11:52 p.m. on September 1, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
93 forum posts

...drat...my foot measures 10 1/4 inches long. So these may be too small for me. Still should try them I guess.

12:32 a.m. on September 2, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

No, alas, you should not try them........... they are to short.  You will be disappointed as these are really nice boots, but they are flat out exactly 10 in toe to heal inside and you would have to walk away from them.  It was worth a try though.  I am sad.................sigh.............

We still need to hook up for the stove btu (get it?) no hurries.

10:56 a.m. on September 4, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

Brian ~~

I, too, have been curious as to how the sizing nomenclature runs.   From my somewhat scant info excursions, the Pivetta A and AA refers to the heel width

Odd.   I do not know which is the wider of the two.

Seems like the sizing for batteries.   Weird.

I have size similar to you.   US 9-Wide.

~r2~

August 29, 2014
Quick Reply