Psychovertical & the Boardman-Tasker Prize

2:49 p.m. on June 20, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
2,487 reviewer rep
1,320 forum posts

I'm reading this book by Andy Kirkpatrick, most of the way through it.  I don't want to ruin it, so I'll just say that it generally talks about his experiences with climbing.  The book won the Boardman-Tasker prize for making an "outstanding contribution to mountain literature."  It is a great read. 

The Boardman-Tasker Charitable Trust was established in the memory of two accomplished mountaineers (Peter Boardman, Joe Tasker) who perished while attempting a route that had not previously been climbed on the Northeast Ridge of Everest in the early 80's.  If you are looking for ideas for reading in this area, the list of past winners of the award should be a great reference.  There are a few well-known classics among the winners that I have already read, including Touching the Void and Fatal Mountaineer, but I suspect a number of the others might be appealing, too.

http://www.boardmantasker.com/index.htm

2:16 a.m. on June 22, 2012 (EDT)
102 reviewer rep
2,295 forum posts

Neat! 

Always looking for something of this ilk.  I have read three from the list, but oddly none mentioned this citation on the cover.  The local book sellers have only a thin catalog of this genera on their shelves; such a list this gives one more confidence when ordering a text sight unseen.

Ed

November 23, 2014
Quick Reply