Galyans Boycott...

7:54 p.m. on December 22, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

I'm new to the area and have always patronized REI before hearing of Galyans. I read some postings from July '01 after hearing the most earsplittingly horrible radio ad for Galyans...it was so annoying, it actually compelled me to look them up on the 'net and email them. In the ad, a stupid girl bursts into a stupid song after receiving a gift from Galyans: "I got a gift from Galyans..." I'd boycott Galyans before ever knowing what business they're in based on that stupid radio ad alone...I'd rather patronize a merchant with at least SOME clue about effective PR and Marketing!

8:02 p.m. on December 22, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

Here at my home we have no REI just one high end outdoor "outfitter", three Dick's and now a new Galyans.
I like Galyans just fine and would just as soon change the radio station to one that's not blasting me with an annoying ad.

1:11 a.m. on December 23, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

You're online, order online...

Its like, the new consumer activist forum. You only have to be involved in the racism, sexism and classism that the manufacturer's web-site imposes on you. You are not subject to the middle-man. Unless, like you, you willingly subject youself to the marginalzation implied by convience. Unless you're an Idiot do not act like one. All your minor choices are actions and your actions mean more than you could ever conceive. You don't have the abillity to apprehend how all that view you, see you. Grammar bleh...

12:00 a.m. on December 25, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

Re: You're online, order online...

Your comments make no earthly sense. Don't use words like "marginalization" until you can use it correctly and in the proper context, and a grammatically sound comment is a much more credible one...get a dictionary. In an attempt to be profound, your comment was just wack. I was airing a frustration; so lay off.

9:48 a.m. on December 26, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

And you guys complain about me? (nt)

Quote:

Your comments make no earthly sense. Don't use words like "marginalization" until you can use it correctly and in the proper context, and a grammatically sound comment is a much more credible one...get a dictionary. In an attempt to be profound, your comment was just wack. I was airing a frustration; so lay off.

8:24 p.m. on December 31, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

As far as I am concerned, Galyans is not a climbers shop. Try the local gear shop near your favorite crag or ice climb. I thought this was a climbers forum? If you were a real climber things so trival would not upset you. Try this place out and ask for Vinny.http://mountaineer.com/

July 31, 2014
Quick Reply