Warren Harding

12:14 a.m. on March 1, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Warren Harding died Wednesday, February 27. Warren was the first ascentionist on El Cap's Nose. He also did the first ascent of the Dawn Wall, aka Wall of the Early Morning Light. In the Sierra Nevada of California he put up the Harding Route on Keeler Needle and the Harding Route on Mt. Conness. He died of liver failure.

12:44 p.m. on March 4, 2002 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,329 reviewer rep
5,287 forum posts
Sad news

A major loss for the climbing community that Batso is gone. I recommend for you youngsters out there that you read Downward Bound for some insight into one of the genuine icons of the climbing world.

7:05 a.m. on March 5, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Ditto on Downyard Bound

Quote:

A major loss for the climbing community that Batso is gone. I recommend for you youngsters out there that you read Downward Bound for some insight into one of the genuine icons of the climbing world.

4:30 p.m. on April 19, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

Re: Ditto on the loss

He was a personal hero and inspiration to me when I began climbing. It's a big loss to the community and you're right, people should know of his earlier adventures to get a real idea of the sport. Something you can't get from a quick trip to REI and your Visa Card.

August 29, 2014
Quick Reply