CM S-12 articulated crampons: 4 sale or trade

8:12 p.m. on March 6, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Les JackWabbit

I'm selling my pair of Charlet Moser Super-12 articulated crampons for $110 + shipping. Sharp points, straps are in very good condition. I'll consider to trade for a pair of Sabretooth or CM Black Ice RapidFix that is in very good condition.

7:52 p.m. on March 7, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Why are you getting rid of them? Do they give you problems? Do you not like the design? Do you not like the idea of having to strap them on, and do so with two separate straps? Do they not stay attached to your boots well? Do they not fit your boots very well? Reason why I am asking all the questions is because I was thinking about buying the same model you're selling, but then started thinking that a new pair of step-ins would probably be better.(?)

Quote:

I'm selling my pair of Charlet Moser Super-12 articulated crampons for $110 + shipping. Sharp points, straps are in very good condition. I'll consider to trade for a pair of Sabretooth or CM Black Ice RapidFix that is in very good condition.

9:57 a.m. on March 8, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Les JackWabbit
Why? Why? Why??

Ha!
I have a pair of plastic climbing boots and I'm planning to buy a pair of Vasque Apex leather mountaineering boots. Both of these boots are step-in compatiable. So I think it is time for a pair of Sabretooth or alike.

There is no problem with my strap-on crampons. The heel straps are very secure. But the toe strap can be a bit loose due to the screw-in width adjustment can rotate forward, hence a hair bit of slack but never a problem.

The strap length on the heel can be a bit short for large size plastic boots (OK for my size 9), and can be hard to pull on the buckle/strap when you're wearing glove liners.

I keep the points sharp, and the straps are in very good condition. I repainted the crampons a few months ago to its original dull black finish which I was working on another project. No rust.

You should always investigate other models to get a pair that best fit your needs. I like my my S-12 articulate. I suppose that reflects on the asking price. Reply to my email address if you're interested. We'll talk $ then. :-))

8:26 p.m. on March 11, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Still thinking.......

probably will keep thinking about it for quite some time (takes me a long time to ever get around to buying something.........not sure why, either........guess I wanna be 100% certain that I'm buying what I really be needing/wanting). Not so sure I would want a strap-on model just yet. Nevertheless, don't wait around on me, if you have someone else who may be interested in your S12 Articules; I may end up getting a new pair of step-in's instead. May drop a line to you in the future, regarding your Articule's, if I decide differently. Also, thanks for the info you provided to me concerning that particular model as well.

Quote:

Ha!
I have a pair of plastic climbing boots and I'm planning to buy a pair of Vasque Apex leather mountaineering boots. Both of these boots are step-in compatiable. So I think it is time for a pair of Sabretooth or alike.

There is no problem with my strap-on crampons. The heel straps are very secure. But the toe strap can be a bit loose due to the screw-in width adjustment can rotate forward, hence a hair bit of slack but never a problem.

The strap length on the heel can be a bit short for large size plastic boots (OK for my size 9), and can be hard to pull on the buckle/strap when you're wearing glove liners.

I keep the points sharp, and the straps are in very good condition. I repainted the crampons a few months ago to its original dull black finish which I was working on another project. No rust.

You should always investigate other models to get a pair that best fit your needs. I like my my S-12 articulate. I suppose that reflects on the asking price. Reply to my email address if you're interested. We'll talk $ then. :-))

2:12 p.m. on March 12, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Keep thinking... won't fit with OR Brook Ranger

Hehe... keep thinking.
I've never tried this configuration before. So, last night, I pull out the Brook Ranger overboots (closed-cell foam) from deep freeze, fit in my Koflach Degre size 9. Guess what, the ankle strap is toooooo short, a few inches toooo short!! :-((

5:18 p.m. on March 14, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Clarification on the remaining strap length

The CM S-12 articulated + Koflach Degre size 9, right side, remaining strap-length after strapping in, measured from the buckle to the free end: front strap: 4.5 inch; ankle strap: 3.5 inch.

July 25, 2014
Quick Reply