Cassin Grand Nord crampons?

2:05 p.m. on March 12, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Does anyone have experience with the step-in version of these crampons? I cannot find much info, but I think they are made of NiCrMo steel and not Al. I think they also come in 2 sizes. Please confirm the above info. Any input on how well they will fit the size 9 Degre boots is also appreciated.
Thanks. :-))

3:34 p.m. on March 14, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. alex e

I have used them for just general purpose mountaneering in conjunction with leathers and they seem to work fine. Don't plan on front pointing a whole bunch with them, although they'll perform well enough for just a bit. I don't know about the sizing though. Plant them on a solid shank and they'll do any moderate snow climb well for you.

-alex

Quote:

Does anyone have experience with the step-in version of these crampons? I cannot find much info, but I think they are made of NiCrMo steel and not Al. I think they also come in 2 sizes. Please confirm the above info. Any input on how well they will fit the size 9 Degre boots is also appreciated.
Thanks. :-))

4:49 p.m. on March 14, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Thanks. Steel not Al?

Thanks alex,
That is sort of the info I'm looking for. Yes, I'm just thinking of general mountaineering use only. However, do you know for sure that they are made of steel and not Al?
I got conflicting info from overstock.com
Thanks again in advance. :-))

December 21, 2014
Quick Reply