Paramount Pictures Mt. name

6:47 a.m. on March 29, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Does anybody know what mountain is shown in the Paramount Pictures Logo. I thought it was Mt Assiniboine but I'm not sure.

9:30 p.m. on March 29, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Quote:

Does anybody know what mountain is shown in the Paramount Pictures Logo. I thought it was Mt Assiniboine but I'm not sure.

That would be:
Artesonraju in Peru
http://www.altidude.com/alpamayo/artescap.jpg
http://home.att.net/~couloirs/m31artes.jpg

10:25 p.m. on March 31, 2002 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,329 reviewer rep
5,272 forum posts

This was discussed on one of these forums a couple years ago. Originally, (1920s, when Paramount started), it was a photo of the Matterhorn. Somewhere in the 1930s, it became a stylized artist's rendition. Post WWII, it became more stylized. When Paramount started doing TV, then videotapes, and cable, they did several versions for each subdivision (Paramount is itself a subsidiary, not independent any longer). The re-issues of films took the logo of the re-issuing division (you can tell which division by looking for various little feature changes). If you can find an old print (probably an illegal videotransfer of a stolen theater print), you will see the original Matterhorn. But you are unlikely to find such a copy, so you will see the stylized "Everymountain" instead.

So the real answer is - it is no longer any real mountain. It is a stylized logo, representing each of the subdivisions of Paramount - feature films, TV productions, video releases (VHS and DVD are the same logo), and cable productions.

3:21 p.m. on April 1, 2002 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
408 forum posts
Mount Rundle??

Quote:

Heard that somewhere...but...emailed Paramount awhile back but no response...

Brian in SLC

8:51 a.m. on November 9, 2002 (EST)
Paramount Pictures history

Does anyone knows of a book about the history of the paramount? And does anyone know why it is precisely the matterhorn that they use as a logo?

1:01 p.m. on December 8, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Quote:

Does anybody know what mountain is shown in the Paramount Pictures Logo. I thought it was Mt

Assiniboine but I'm not sure.

12:59 p.m. on January 1, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

Quote:

Quote:

Does anybody know what mountain is shown in the Paramount Pictures Logo. I thought it was Mt

Assiniboine but I'm not sure.It Is Actually A Rock Not A MountainThat Is In The Mohave Desert Of California I Think THe Real Name Is Vasquez Rocks

1:00 p.m. on January 1, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

Quote:

Quote:

Does anybody know what mountain is shown in the Paramount Pictures Logo. It Is Actually A Rock Not A Mountain That Is In The Mohave Desert Of California I Think THe Real Name Is Vasquez Rocks

8:58 p.m. on June 8, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Does anybody know what mountain is shown in the Paramount Pictures Logo. It Is Actually A Rock Not A Mountain That Is In The Mohave Desert Of California I Think THe Real Name Is Vasquez Rocks : : : I find this hard to believe, after reading BILLs follow up.

3:23 p.m. on July 14, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

Re: Paramount Pictures history

It just so happens that I'm just starting a research paper on the subject. The only book that I could find was entitled "Engulfed: The Death of Paramount Pictures and the Birth of Corporate Hollywood". You might try searching under Gulf & Western Inc. They took over Paramount in 1966 Paramount kept their name, but is run by Gulf & Western. I found this info. in the Periodical resource at the library entitled "International Directory of Company Histories (volume I)".

1:21 p.m. on July 17, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

Quote:

I've also read the official Paramount history and read the story of how W.W. Hodkinson/Jodkinson (sp?) sketched it based on his memory. However, Ben Lomond Peak in Utah doesn't look much like the logo. I've heard from several sources, though, that Paramount artists used Banner Peak in the Sierras as a closer and more convenient model for their renderings. If you ever see the view of Banner from 1000 Island Lakes with some snow on it, it does look quite a bit like the logo...

4:03 p.m. on August 11, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

Quote:

Quote:

I've also read the official Paramount history and read the story of how W.W. Hodkinson/Jodkinson (sp?) sketched it based on his memory. However, Ben Lomond Peak in Utah doesn't look much like the logo. I've heard from several sources, though, that Paramount artists used Banner Peak in the Sierras as a closer and more convenient model for their renderings. If you ever see the view of Banner from 1000 Island Lakes with some snow on it, it does look quite a bit like the logo...

I read it is a digital image of Pikes Peak

12:39 a.m. on August 20, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

Quote:

hmmmm... I thought it was Mt. Hood in Oregon.

10:08 p.m. on September 13, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

Quote:

Quote:

hmmmm... I thought it was Mt. Hood in Oregon. hmmmm... nothing like Hood.

August 21, 2014
Quick Reply