scarpa invernos

10:41 a.m. on November 5, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

I am looking a the scarpa invernos and I have no store to try them on near me. I where a sz 9 1/2 in hiking boots. should I stay with the same size or do they tend to run big or small? anything will help. yeah I know I should try them on in person..

7:02 p.m. on November 5, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Quote:

I am looking a the scarpa invernos and I have no store to try them on near me. I where a sz 9 1/2 in hiking boots. should I stay with the same size or do they tend to run big or small? anything will help. yeah I know I should try them on in person..

I found the Inverno to be sized the same as my street shoe -compared with Nike, New Balance, et. al. In retrospect, I think i might have gone a 1/2 size larger to allow for VBL sock, but the fit is excellent as is (no blisters, bruising, etc). Yep, definitely try a pair on or maybe call Magic Mountain in Banff,CA - www.magicmountain.com - i think, to get the "800" tollfree telephone number. They were quite helpful and very knowledgeable. I tried mine on in their shop (whilst on me honeymoon!), then ordered them later from the states. Have fun!!!

4:27 p.m. on November 6, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Not just size 9... but how wide?

They tends to fit well for narrow feet. When I ordered my pair of invernos, I put on my sock system (liners, thick wool socks, VBL...), traced the outline of the bottom of my feet, and the local dealer sent the tracing to Scarpa for sizing. I don't think there is a good short cut in buying any plastics without trying them on. So if you're buying them by mail, make sure you can exchange them or get a return/refund. Good luck.

6:58 a.m. on November 8, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

I bought plastics a year ago. had to mail order too... no choice. I ordered 3 pr of Verticals and 2 pr of invernos. I wear a 11 running shoe and usually an 11.5 boot. scarpas fit at 11.5, verticals I went with a 12. invernos did fit narrow, which was good, but the shell is high volume. liners fit me perfectly, but I could almost step the liners out of the shells. I went with the verts. mucho more flex and fit me well.

Woody

July 28, 2014
Quick Reply