partner for SLC

7:10 a.m. on January 27, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. chuck claude, Chuck_C, c_claude

Will be in SLC for work the first week of March and looking for someone to hook up with for ice on March 1/2. Looking for some fun and willing to lead upto WI5/M7 but most important is just getting out for some fun (if you know a 3 star WI4, that could be cool also), and willing to work things that are harder.

12:54 p.m. on January 27, 2003 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
408 forum posts
Bring rock shoes...

Quote:

Will be in SLC for work the first week of March and looking for someone to hook up with for ice on March 1/2. Looking for some fun and willing to lead upto WI5/M7 but most important is just getting out for some fun (if you know a 3 star WI4, that could be cool also), and willing to work things that are harder.

We're havin' kind of a lackluster ice season right now. And, if the 15 to 20 degrees above normal temps continue, will be very little water ice left come March. In the 18 years I've ice climbed here in Utah, I think I've only climbed ice once in March, last year or year before (partly 'cause I switch to rock and the desert by then, though).

So, my advice would be to watch the weather and re-inquire as your date gets closer. Might not be much left by March. Not much left now...

Brian in SLC

July 24, 2014
Quick Reply