Beyondfleece

9:20 p.m. on February 18, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

I was wondering if any of you had had any experience with Beyondfleece? I was looking at their Cold Fusion Jacket, as an all arounder piece/fall jacket. I'm also looking at the Arc'Teryx Gamma SV. Any thoughts?

10:33 a.m. on October 7, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

I have a beyondfleece Cold Fusion. The jacket is well made, and it fits well (as you would expect since they're all custom made). There are two things to be aware of: the collar comes up quite high and is fairly tight; it's uncomfortable (for me) to keep it zipped all of the way up because my chin comes out (above) the collar, and then the collar sort of bumps into your neck/under your mouth. Second, I had the jacket made a bit too long, in retrospect. It comes down below my waist, and I'm constantly having to pull it down to straighten it out.

Having said that, it's a great jacket...I highly recommend it, and I'm very glad that I went ahead and got the extra pockets (one inside, one bicep, and the napoleon ("gear") pockets).

I hope this helps,
-mike

Quote:

I was wondering if any of you had had any experience with Beyondfleece? I was looking at their Cold Fusion Jacket, as an all arounder piece/fall jacket. I'm also looking at the Arc'Teryx Gamma SV. Any thoughts?

August 27, 2014
Quick Reply