About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Mont Blanc Info

11:17 a.m. on March 9, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

I am living in Italy this year and plan to head north early part of june and need a climbing guide for mont blanc. anyone have recommendations as to a local service. don't need much as i have a good amount of mountaineering experience.

if you happen to have a sample timetable you may have used on a climb there that would be great...what you did for acclimitzation and other such things when you arrived.

will early normally work for that peak?

thanks in advance for the info.

2:20 p.m. on April 1, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. J Marc

Quote:

I am living in Italy this year and plan to head north early part of june and need a climbing guide for mont blanc. anyone have recommendations as to a local service. don't need much as i have a good amount of mountaineering experience.

if you happen to have a sample timetable you may have used on a climb there that would be great...what you did for acclimitzation and other such things when you arrived.

2:34 p.m. on April 1, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. J-Marc

Mont Blanc is normally climbed from mid june to mid september. Earlier is better as some routes are subject to stones falling that is made worse latter in the summer when snow melts. The normal way starts 2400 m (nid d'aigle) then is via the Gouter hut (3800 m) where you sleep before an early start (4 am)to the top and way back down. No real aclimatisation is needed but better have a few days in altitude before. You might still get sick at the hut and if you are not expect anyway to have many people sick around you. An other route via the cosmiques hut can be done faster, allows you to do the '3 mont blancs'( Mont Blanc du Tacul, Mont Maudit and Mont Blanc) but is tougher and bit technical (normal way is not).

8:51 a.m. on April 6, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

The only thing i can recommend is to take some time for an attempt.
I've seen many attempts fail due to bad weather. Wich is very common and can arrive pritty suddenly. Everything planned in a couple of days might leave no room for some extra time to wait for better weather.
So don't plan it to tightly, and i wish you luck.

greetings Luc

Quote:

April 17, 2014
Quick Reply