Boots

5:18 p.m. on March 12, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

I have a pair of Scarpa Invernos that I bought two summers ago. They've served me well, but I bought them a bit big (you know, just in case, to leave room for two socks and vbl's). Unfortunately, I almost always single-sock it and I've never been in cold enough weather to require vbl's. Anwyay, I'm now gearing up for a trip to Peru which will include a good bit of ice climbing (well, more than I'm used to) and I really don't want a boot that's too big. Thus, I find myself in the market for a new pair. Any suggestions? FYI, I have a low-volume foot...

Thanks!

Todd

12:10 p.m. on March 23, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

Quote:

I have a pair of Scarpa Invernos that I bought two summers ago. They've served me well, but I bought them a bit big (you know, just in case, to leave room for two socks and vbl's). Unfortunately, I almost always single-sock it and I've never been in cold enough weather to require vbl's. Anwyay, I'm now gearing up for a trip to Peru which will include a good bit of ice climbing (well, more than I'm used to) and I really don't want a boot that's too big. Thus, I find myself in the market for a new pair. Any suggestions? FYI, I have a low-volume foot...

Thanks!

Todd

Although your best bet is undoubtably trying on many pairs with different lasts, I vouch for the Kayland Revolutions, they are amazing, both in design features and warmth. Highly recommended that you try a pair...

go here: http://www.kayland.com/windows/w-revolu.html

7:48 p.m. on March 25, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Karl, urbansherpa

I have a pair of Lowa Civetta Extremes. They have GoreTex liners, and are built for low volume feet. They arn't as 'clunky' as the Scarpas, but are toasty.
They are double plastic boots....lots of favourable reviews on the www

July 22, 2014
Quick Reply