Aconcagua

5:59 p.m. on December 4, 2005 (EST)
2 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

Hey everybody I could really use some help. I am down in Argentina studying spanish in a foreighn exchange program and while I was down here I really wanted to climp Aconcagua. If someone who has done it could really provide some sort of gear list, some prices, times, and any other useful info. Even if you haven't done it and have something special to say or some good ideas, I am open for anything. Much abliged.

6:15 p.m. on December 5, 2005 (EST)
20 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

here, u might want to check out this website.

http://www.mountain.com.sg/gearsouthcol.htm

enjoy climbing

4:35 p.m. on December 12, 2005 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
408 forum posts

Try to find a copy of RJ Secor's guidebook on Aconcagua. Pretty much answers all your questions.

It'd be hard to specifically address your general questions, given that we don't know your level of experience, what route, etc.

But, I'll try (in jest). Its tall, cold and windy. Take a warm sleeping bag. Depending on the route, some climbing gear. Depending on your level of fitness and experience, either plastic double boots good to -30F, or, running shoes. Oh, and Vern says its pretty good mountain biking from the top, down, too.

-Brian in SLC

October 26, 2014
Quick Reply