Los Angeles Based Climbers

4:37 p.m. on October 21, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

Hello Everyone
Im hoping to expand my circle of climbing contacts for spur of the moment climbing. I live in the Los Angeles area and have a regular partner for Eastern Sierra climbs. These climbs are usually planned well in advance , But I have no climbing buds for anything local. I'd join a club ,but most of their outings are over the weekends. Unfortunately most of my days off from work change from week to week , and usually are weekdays,with a occasional saturday or sunday off. Climbing ability is not a big concern of mine, hey if your newbie and want to break in thats fine or 5.12 climber looking for a belay slave, that is fine also . Any day outside on the rock beats a day in the city. I have a full rack ,ropes and transportation. So if you are interested in day trips to places like Williamsons,Tahquitze,Stoney Point,Point Dume,Local indoor climbing gym, hell even some self arrest practice on Mtn Baldy, then lets exchange contact information. Please contact me at
pitonpounder@aol.com

12:40 a.m. on December 4, 2001 (EST)

Quote:

Hello Everyone
Im hoping to expand my circle of climbing contacts for spur of the moment climbing. I live in the Los Angeles area and have a regular partner for Eastern Sierra climbs. These climbs are usually planned well in advance , But I have no climbing buds for anything local. I'd join a club ,but most of their outings are over the weekends. Unfortunately most of my days off from work change from week to week , and usually are weekdays,with a occasional saturday or sunday off. Climbing ability is not a big concern of mine, hey if your newbie and want to break in thats fine or 5.12 climber looking for a belay slave, that is fine also . Any day outside on the rock beats a day in the city. I have a full rack ,ropes and transportation. So if you are interested in day trips to places like Williamsons,Tahquitze,Stoney Point,Point Dume,Local indoor climbing gym, hell even some self arrest practice on Mtn Baldy, then lets exchange contact information. Please contact me at
pitonpounder@aol.com

12:52 a.m. on December 4, 2001 (EST)

Quote:

Hello Everyone
pitonpounder@aol.com

Hey pitonpounder.Somehow landed on your post looking for indoor walls in glendale and burbank ca.Here's my situation:I've not climbed for some years for various reasons and am keen on getting back into it.I did a fair amount of rock,but mostly alpine routes.I want to get into the rock again with a view to building back fitness and confidence and hitting longer mixed routes eventually.Right now I've just landed in LA and am not in shape for anything other than indoor.My aim now is to commence a climbing specific fitness program and get the strength and flex back.For this I'm planning on a couple of months before getting on the indoor walls (if I find one!) and hardening the hands for some real rock next year.I'd love a partner for this.Like you I am all over the shop with work and am free at odd times.If you can hold out for a couple of months while I limber up I'd be glad to join you.Bear in mind that skills are rusty and I don't have an ounce of gear with me.I'll get myself a harness and shoes meantime.
Let me know what you think,and also where in LA you are,and which indoor wall you use.Cheers,A.

December 19, 2014
Quick Reply