Climbing New Hieghts (56K Beware)

8:01 p.m. on August 3, 2009 (EDT)
19 reviewer rep
160 forum posts

I have been so blessed this summer. I got to tour with my friend who is an expert rock climber and business owner all over the country this summer. He runs a tshirt company called Live Offensively and we have been touring music festivals, and rock climbing and camping inbetween.

It's been an awesome experince. I have gotten to climb High Rocks in PA, The Red River Gorge in KY, climbed behind Mt Rushmoore in SD, Climbed in the Black Hills, Climbed Devils Tower (well I only hiked up that day) Climbed at Devils Lake in WI, climbed at Sulivian Lake in SD, climbed at Smith Rock in Orgeon, and now we are heading into the Wind Rivers Range, to do the Crique of the Towers.

It's been awesome. There isn't a whole lot of climbing in Virginia Beach, beside the gym. Actually that's all that is there to climb, lol.

I wanted to share some photos, I have seen so much of the country, it's been great. I know I posted on here over the last year or two asking questions, but was never able to get out, and this summer has been amazing.

Best part, it's all free.

I have to many photos to post.

10:35 p.m. on August 3, 2009 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,430 reviewer rep
5,312 forum posts

Gee, Mike,

Sounds like you are going straight to the Devil (Tower, Lake, and all those stony presidents). 'Bout time you got out climbing! And then there's that huge UFO lurking behind the tower in the third photo ;)

Maybe you can put the photos on one of the photobook sites and provide a link.

11:38 p.m. on August 3, 2009 (EDT)
19 reviewer rep
160 forum posts

I hated Mount Rush Moore, it's like they ruined great climbing. Just looking at it, you can see that if those faces weren't there it'd probably a renouned rock climbing spot.

12:21 a.m. on August 4, 2009 (EDT)
3 reviewer rep
98 forum posts

Nice! More pics please, either here or on another site. (Don't know how they feel about lots of pics here?)

That's a cool angle on the Tower - looks like a rock tsunami...

2:44 a.m. on August 4, 2009 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
773 reviewer rep
679 forum posts

Yes, post an album somewhere!

1:05 p.m. on August 4, 2009 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
685 reviewer rep
3,100 forum posts

Hi, mikekey. Thanks for sharing these pictures. It looks like you've been having a great time.

You probably missed the notice during your travels, but you can now make albums from your Trailspace profile: http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2009/07/10/new-features.html (oh wait, it looks like you already figured that out)

Anyway, you shouldn't worry about posting a bunch of pictures here. We want you to!

October 23, 2014
Quick Reply