It's time for a Break

12:25 p.m. on September 30, 2011 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,052 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "It's time for a Break"

Me, resting, after my first 50K this month. Every day I know I'm quite lucky to work on Trailspace, a site that melds my personal interests—getting outdoors and being active—with my professional interests—creating and sharing content with our community members. At times it can be hard work, but it's something I personally believe in and the members always make it worthwhile (than...

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2011/09/30/time-for-a-break.html

5:50 p.m. on September 30, 2011 (EDT)
102 reviewer rep
2,295 forum posts

Withdrawal?  Heck I'm worry you'll grow to like it and then we'll be without your touch, here on TS forever!  ENJOY.

Ed

6:57 p.m. on September 30, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,237 forum posts

@ Alicia :Thank very very much for all your hard work, insightful and informative writings.  Usually I find that my best times off and or trips are the ones with no plan's.  I find that I do best when I have only a beinging but no itinerary along the way and no end in sight.  I wish you the best on where ever your journeys take you and lead you to.  Have fun and I can't wait to  here about your travels and wondrous journeys.

1:06 p.m. on October 1, 2011 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,478 forum posts

Taking a break is important to me, I know when I need one and I trust you do as well. I have always felt better after a nice break. Speaking just for me, my brain doesn't function well running full speed ahead without breaks.

Have a good time, enjoy a break, and thanks for Trailspace.

8:43 p.m. on October 2, 2011 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,052 forum posts

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the kind words.

It can feel like a bit of a selfish luxury to take a sabbatical, but as I've thought about and planned this I've also realized it's not only good and necessary for me, but will be good for the site in the long-run too.

Thanks!

9:20 a.m. on October 3, 2011 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

Good for you, Alicia! 

I am sure you will enjoy the time decompressing, and that spending time with your beautiful family without the demands of TS will be wonderful.

Best of wishes until your return. 

Caleb

1:35 a.m. on October 4, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,245 reviewer rep
1,270 forum posts

Thanks, Alicia, for all you have done to foster this community. I'm sure for all the parts we see there's a ton more behind the scenes that we don't see. Enjoy your break!

10:49 p.m. on October 5, 2011 (EDT)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

Don't forget to grab a Kit-Kat too.

Seriously well done and stick with it.

1:41 p.m. on October 6, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
770 reviewer rep
1,266 forum posts

Enjoy Alicia! And I echo the other sentiments: well done here but we need you to come back!

6:35 a.m. on October 7, 2011 (EDT)
87 reviewer rep
1,061 forum posts

you have to comeback! Dont believe anyone has the vision of you and Dave and who could fill your shoe's? noone. Have a great break!!! Well deserved...

7:17 p.m. on October 7, 2011 (EDT)
329 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

I'm with all the above! Have a good break.

11:51 p.m. on October 7, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

-Go for it, Kid ....

I just did it, myself ... for about a month-or-so.

MY favorite time of year ... beginning right after Labor Day.   Went surfing, mostly.   Long Island, NY ... Ocean City, MD .... Virginia Beach, VA.

Also, a week-long Yoga retreat was welcomed.   Lotsa "Yoga-Babes" didn't hurt, either.

Was getting a little bored here at Trailspace.   Good time to "recharge".

~ r2 ~

12:10 p.m. on October 8, 2011 (EDT)
119 reviewer rep
456 forum posts

Have fun and enjoy the time!

Great little community you have going here!!!  I greatly enjoy the wealth of knowledge and opinions that the folks put forward.

See you after the holidays!

Wolfman

7:59 p.m. on December 5, 2011 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,052 forum posts

Well, two months (plus) have come and gone and I'm back!

I appreciated the time off, and highly recommend the same to others if they can manage it, but am glad to come back to Trailspace with lots of ideas about how to support the site to be the best outdoor gear community around.

Thanks again for the kind words and well wishes.

8:13 p.m. on December 5, 2011 (EST)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Woo-hoo, Alicias back... Alicia rocks. Now I can start on all the emails/messages I have been holding back for the past 2 months...

Don't worry, I wrote everything down. :p 

8:48 p.m. on December 5, 2011 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,052 forum posts

Rick-Pittsburgh said:

Woo-hoo, Alicias back... Alicia rocks. Now I can start on all the emails/messages I have been holding back for the past 2 months...

Don't worry, I wrote everything down. :p 

I eagerly await Rick's detailed play-by-play report of the last two months on Trailspace. It will be just like having been here in person.

9:24 p.m. on December 5, 2011 (EST)
110 reviewer rep
762 forum posts

Welcome Back!

9:53 p.m. on December 5, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
592 reviewer rep
1,514 forum posts

Hope your recharged and refreshed!

6:53 a.m. on December 6, 2011 (EST)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,160 reviewer rep
605 forum posts

Whatever Rick said we did........we didn't. hahaha. This is like when you had a substitute teacher in school you got away with things, then the good students would tell the teacher upon their return of what you had done!

7:31 a.m. on December 6, 2011 (EST)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Wait a sec... Whatever Rick said we did? I notice the word "we."

I had nothing to do with it.... :)

7:58 a.m. on December 6, 2011 (EST)
119 reviewer rep
456 forum posts

Welcome back!  I look forward to your renewed spirit and continued writing.  And as for those two ya who's, Don't worry the were properly disciplined while you were gone!  :D

Welcome Back Alicias

Wolfman

11:24 a.m. on December 6, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

Welcome Back, Alicia :)

(I neither confirm nor deny any involvement in any alleged misconduct, either present or future)

4:45 p.m. on December 6, 2011 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,052 forum posts

Thanks again for the warm welcome back.

I'm sure everyone was a model Trailspace community member at all times...just like always.

12:11 p.m. on December 7, 2011 (EST)
38 reviewer rep
395 forum posts

Welcome back Alicia, I hope you enjoyed your time away.

I'm sure everyone was a model Trailspace community member at all times...just like always

LOL..... yeah thats what it was ... yeah  :)

1:29 a.m. on December 8, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,245 reviewer rep
1,270 forum posts

Wow, just a few days ago I was on the site, ran across something Alicia had posted, and wondered if she would be back. Welcome back Alicia!

September 20, 2014
Quick Reply