Q&A: iRunFar's Bryon Powell on Ultra Running Gear and Inspiration

7:00 a.m. on August 14, 2012 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,053 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Q&A: iRunFar's Bryon Powell on Ultra Running Gear and Inspiration"

In a second installment, we catch up with Bryon Powell of iRunFar to talk about his favorite ultra running gear, barefoot/minimal footwear, product testing and reviews, and what inspires him on the trail.

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/articles/2012/08/14/bryon-powell-ultra-gear-reviews.html

1:30 p.m. on August 14, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
770 reviewer rep
1,266 forum posts

Thanks Alicia, nice interview.

I don't run as much as I used to but I can totally relate to "just floating along". I love those moments where it really does seem like you are being propelled by something other than your own power...it's a really neat feeling. I first experienced it a few years ago and it was like I was running with someone else's legs and I was free to look around and think as if I were a passenger in a car.

Funny, I rarely feel that way on a long backpacking day but often get that on long runs. 

September 21, 2014
Quick Reply