Meet LoneStranger, Trailspace's Reviewer of the Month

8:01 a.m. on April 4, 2014 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
411 reviewer rep
1,022 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Meet LoneStranger, Trailspace's Reviewer of the Month"

Congratulations, LoneStranger, Trailspace's newest Reviewer of the Month. An avid Maine backpacker and cyclist, John wins a pair of Topo Athletic MT trail running shoes, plus goodies from A3, Clif, Innate, Kind, and Trailspace.

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2014/04/04/meet-lonestranger-trailspace-reviewer-of-month.html

8:03 a.m. on April 4, 2014 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
501 reviewer rep
2,993 forum posts

Congratulations, LoneStranger!

I always enjoy seeing your pictures of some of our amazing spots in Maine (though maybe we should be keeping all of them a secret...).

Enjoy the new shoes, and especially your time outside with your daughter!

8:24 a.m. on April 4, 2014 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
411 reviewer rep
1,022 forum posts

Congrats LoneStranger! You've inspired me to explore Baxter State Park again this year!

8:41 a.m. on April 4, 2014 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
501 reviewer rep
2,993 forum posts

Seth said:

Congrats LoneStranger! You've inspired me to explore Baxter State Park again this year!

I love Baxter SP. Since both of my kids will be 6 or older this summer, I'm hoping to take them up Katahdin (for those wondering, Baxter SP has a rule barring kids under 6 from going above treeline).

10:10 a.m. on April 4, 2014 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
755 reviewer rep
1,224 forum posts

Kudos John!

10:13 a.m. on April 4, 2014 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER
663 reviewer rep
19 forum posts

Congrats LoneStranger! I've enjoyed reading and definitely have benefitted from your reviews this month! My oldest daughter just turned 3 this year as well and I'm working on getting her out camping with me. There's a good chance I'll be asking you for advice on that in the coming months!

10:30 a.m. on April 4, 2014 (EDT)
331 reviewer rep
287 forum posts

Nice work John!!  Congrats!

10:56 a.m. on April 4, 2014 (EDT)
GUIDE/OUTFITTER REVIEW CORPS
770 reviewer rep
113 forum posts

Great job, well deserved!!!

11:21 a.m. on April 4, 2014 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER
1,341 reviewer rep
75 forum posts

Congrats LoneStranger! I second what Ben Rivers said, very helpful reviews and great contributions to forums!

12:07 p.m. on April 4, 2014 (EDT)
BRAND REP TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,988 reviewer rep
468 forum posts

You certainly earned this one, LS! Congrats!

12:22 p.m. on April 4, 2014 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,366 reviewer rep
373 forum posts

Thank you all for your kind words here and for your presence here on the site.  I know this is a gear site, but it is the people who run it and post here who make it the nice place that it is.

@Alicia Maine needs the tourism so I will promote all of the spots except for that one we talked about in private ;) If you think your youngest is ready then by all means give Katahdin a shot.  I met a man and his son at Chimney Pond last year on their way down.  The boy was about 7 I'd guess and when he told me he'd just gone up and down the Saddle I shook his hand.  He was just about exploding with pride that some old dude in a straw hat was impressed with him.

@Seth Let me know if you need company.  The no motorcycle rule in Baxter means I have to leave my wife with no car if I go so I don't get up there as much as I'd like.

@Ben Rivers I think getting the youngsters away from the video screens and into the woods is one of the most important things we can do as parents.  By all means send me a PM if you want to ask some questions but there have been some previous posts on the forums about it as well you may want to read through or you may want to start another one of your own so others can chime in.

2:38 p.m. on April 4, 2014 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER
663 reviewer rep
19 forum posts

LoneStranger, sweet I'll check em out! Thanks for lettin me know!

2:49 p.m. on April 4, 2014 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER
1,299 reviewer rep
357 forum posts

Great reviews John...and also enjoy your take in the forums!

3:00 p.m. on April 4, 2014 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
973 reviewer rep
598 forum posts

Congrats Lonestranger! Pretty sweet package deal.

4:32 p.m. on April 4, 2014 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER
553 reviewer rep
107 forum posts

Pretty new to the site, but I've already come to the conclusion based on reading some of his reviews that LoneStranger is someone to emulate. Always helpful and adds great photos. Well deserved reviewer of the month.

5:34 p.m. on April 4, 2014 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
501 reviewer rep
2,993 forum posts

What do you mean, LoneStranger? Maine is cold and muddy and filled with black flies.

Just kidding, folks. LoneStranger is right that it's a pretty nice place to live and explore, as we can see from some of his pictures.

Congratulations again.

7:19 p.m. on April 4, 2014 (EDT)
MODERATOR TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
5,399 reviewer rep
743 forum posts

LS, I enjoy interacting with you on this site. Your reviews are great. Your insights are things I frequently take to heart.

I may come to Main sooner than my thru-hike, so I can discover how you get folks "loaded up" for Katadyn. ;)

9:31 p.m. on April 6, 2014 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
968 reviewer rep
3,470 forum posts

Congrats Lonestranger,

Enjoy those trail runners and other stuff!

11:41 p.m. on April 6, 2014 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER
812 reviewer rep
34 forum posts

Congratulations, LoneStranger,

Keep clocking those miles and reviewing gear, always looking forward to them!

7:58 p.m. on April 11, 2014 (EDT)
52 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

LoneStranger -  You Rock! You are an inspiration to many my friend. Stay Free and enjoy your adventures. Congrats.

July 26, 2014
Quick Reply