Integrated Canister Stove Showdown

7:34 p.m. on January 17, 2007 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
951 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Integrated Canister Stove Showdown"

In the beginning there was the humble campfire. Today the cutting edge of backcountry cooking technology is the integrated canister stove: a compressed-fuel burner mated to a specially designed pot and high-efficiency heat exchanger. We put three systems to the test.

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/articles/2007/01/17/integrated-canister-stove-showdown.html

10:44 p.m. on January 17, 2007 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Tom Bu

On my first and only JetBoil experience I wasted a lot of fuel because I did not expect it to boil so fast. When I turned around from what I was doing to check it, there it was, steaming away.

Once, in a breeze, the piezo lighter failed (non-optimum fuel/air mix at the spark) and had to use a match.

You have to press the piezo button too far in to make it click. Near impossible with gloves.

An impressive device.

2:57 a.m. on January 18, 2007 (EST)
2 reviewer rep
23 forum posts

Used the PCS the last 2 years, with one time on Mt. Whitney. It always came through. I always had the water boiling before anyone else. The PCS dial may be a bit small, but is still easy to deal with. Though only the small fuel canisters fit inside, the large ones still work. We bought a small frying pan to "cook" with and the Jetboil pan support. Seems to meet all our needs. Oh, the french press attachment was somthing that wasn't mentioned either...nothing like fresh brewed coffee in the morning!

December 20, 2014
Quick Reply