What’s Your Outdoor Story?

12:01 a.m. on April 14, 2008 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
715 reviewer rep
3,159 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "What’s Your Outdoor Story?"

What inspires mountaineer Conrad Anker or climber Steph Davis to return to the outdoors? More importantly, what inspires you? The Conservation Alliance, Anker, and Timex Expedition recently launched Return to the Outdoors, an effort to motivate everyone to spend more time outdoors and to raise awareness of the Conservation Alliance’s mission to help protect outdoor spaces (35 million acres s...

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2008/04/14/whats-your-outdoor-story.html

9:42 a.m. on April 15, 2008 (EDT)
12 reviewer rep
4 forum posts

Two weeks ago I became aware of a national contest sponsored by Timex called “Return to the Outdoors“. The contest was looking for video clips or stories that tell about an experience that inspired your love of the outdoors, or keeps you returning to it.

I entered our WinterCampers.com poem “I Am Not Going To Lie to You“. My motivation was to bring attention to our WinterCampers.com website.

I was notified the poem was selected as 1 of 5 semi-finalists winning a new Timex Expedition watch. The entry receiving the most votes by 04/25/08 will become a finalist and receive an Outdoor Adventure pack featuring The North Face, Camelbak, and Ahnu footwear and compete to win a grand prize adventure trip for two to the San Juan Islands, Moab, or Aspen!

I ask you please visit: http://www.active.com/page/timex/vote and vote for our poem before the 25th of April.

To eliminate multiple voting the site requires you to provide your email address and set up a password, however, I can assure you this request is legitimate and I have not received any email solicitations to date.

November 27, 2014
Quick Reply