New site features: photos, articles, and more

11:55 a.m. on July 10, 2009 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
943 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "New site features: photos, articles, and more"

I'm excited to announce the release of some major new features here on Trailspace: The most obvious and widespread change is that every page on the side is wider, to take better advantage of today's larger screens. This should make the site easier to use, with more information on every screen, less scrolling, and a nicer visual appearance. Along with the wider layout we've redesigned the Trailspac...

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2009/07/10/new-features.html

12:28 p.m. on July 10, 2009 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,329 reviewer rep
5,295 forum posts

Wow! I noticed the changes right away. I will have to try out the photo insert.

Great! Works easily!

1:11 p.m. on July 10, 2009 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
943 forum posts

I should probably mention a couple photo-related features we're working on that didn't make it into this release: First and foremost will be an easier way to manage photos within an album, including changing the order of those images. We're also working on better integration with your profile photo, so you can select your profile photo from among the images you've already uploaded. The next release will also automatically link from each image you insert in a post to that image's detail page, like so:

1:16 p.m. on July 10, 2009 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
649 forum posts

The new face lift and extra options look very nice thank you and great job.

Very Nice!

9:18 a.m. on July 11, 2009 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
943 forum posts

Thanks guys!

9:50 p.m. on July 11, 2009 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,478 forum posts

Great new look! Thanks for your hard work, I also will try the new photo feature.

My dog Boo Bear, in his prime! We have both lost our prime, but life is great. Thanks again for the new features.

8:36 a.m. on July 12, 2009 (EDT)
110 reviewer rep
762 forum posts

Nieces Maizy and Alana, wife Michele, and me!

I like the new features. I think we'll see more user pics now.

9:57 p.m. on August 31, 2009 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
943 forum posts

A quick update to let you all know that the additional features I alluded to above are now live. They include:

- A better interface for managing photos within an album, including changing the order of those images. When editing an album you can now uploade and select photos for that album just like you would for a forum post. You can also drag and drop to change the order of the photos within an album.

- The photo chooser is also better integrated with your profile, so you can select your profile photo from among the images you've already uploaded.

- Each image you insert in a forum post or article comment will automatically link to that image's detail page.

September 18, 2014
Quick Reply