Mark Your Calendars: "The National Parks" September 27

9:19 a.m. on September 3, 2009 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
715 reviewer rep
3,165 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Mark Your Calendars: "The National Parks" September 27"

Ken Burns’s new documentary, The National Parks: America’s Best Idea, debuts September 27 on PBS. In the meantime you can preview video clips or download stunning images for your computer like the one of Yosemite Valley in winter above. Trailspace article: The National Parks: America's Best Idea PBS site: www.pbs.org/nationalparks  ...

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2009/09/03/the-national-parks-september-27.html

9:41 a.m. on September 3, 2009 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
303 forum posts

Setting DVR now...

3:12 p.m. on September 3, 2009 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
649 forum posts

It looks like a cool program ill have to watch it.

10:02 a.m. on September 14, 2009 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,549 forum posts

Can't wait! I will definitely have to get a copy to put in my library.

12:54 p.m. on September 14, 2009 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,346 forum posts

And a few days later on www.PBS.org online? I don't have a TV, I watch everything online at Youtube,TVland or the channel websites after they come to TV.

4:44 p.m. on September 14, 2009 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
715 reviewer rep
3,165 forum posts

And a few days later on www.PBS.org online?

Not that I know of, Gary. At least PBS is not mentioning any possibility of the full documentary being available online on-demand. Though, perhaps, the current videos will be expanded after airing.

You can buy the DVD, which ships after October 6.

I don't watch much TV myself. So when I do it's for something specific and I prefer to watch only what I want, when I want.

7:31 p.m. on September 14, 2009 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
715 reviewer rep
3,165 forum posts

If you can't watch the full six nights of the documentary but don't want to miss your favorite National Park, the National Parks Conservation Association lists the episodes by title and the parks featured in each episode: http://www.npca.org/bestidea/episodes.html

1:48 a.m. on September 15, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
11 forum posts

I won't miss this! What an incredibly beautiful photo of Yosemite Valley above.

5:43 p.m. on September 15, 2009 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
303 forum posts

Can't turn it up on the DVR yet. I'll search by Episode names next. Anyone else trying to Tivo/DVR it and having problems?

Edit: Found it finally!

9:15 p.m. on September 26, 2009 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
715 reviewer rep
3,165 forum posts

For Gary and anyone else who was wondering about this, PBS will have full episodes online beginning September 28:

http://www.pbs.org/nationalparks/watch-video/

Each episode will be available the day after it premieres on PBS, and all will be available online through October 9.

December 17, 2014
Quick Reply