Blind Minnesotan planning Appalachian Trail thru-hike

4:24 p.m. on January 11, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
415 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Blind Minnesotan planning Appalachian Trail thru-hike"

Here's a video about Mike Hanson, who has been blind since birth and is planning to hike the Appalachian Trail in March. He plans to use the latest GPS technology to keep him between the white blazes over eight months from Georgia to Maine.   Hanson says the latest GPS technology can help millions of blind people become more mobile; he figures 2,175 miles of hiking on the AT should prove his...

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2010/01/11/blind-minnesotan-planning-appalachian-trail-thru-hike.html

6:58 p.m. on January 11, 2010 (EST)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I just received a movie called "Touch the Top of The World" from a buddy I hike with. The story of Erik Weihenmayer's summit attempt of Everest. Amazing story. I commend Mike for what he is doing. I as many others do take my abilities for granted at times. I have nothing but respect for the gentleman.... BOL Mike.

August 31, 2014
Quick Reply