Canadian Avalanche Centre offers free iPhone app

5:01 a.m. on January 15, 2010 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
715 reviewer rep
3,166 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Canadian Avalanche Centre offers free iPhone app "

The Canadian Avalanche Centre (CAC), Canada’s national public avalanche safety organization, and Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC) have developed a free iPhone app. The CAC avalanche app provides users with avalanche bulletins, weather forecasts, incident reports, and realtime weather for seven avalanche-prone regions of British Columbia as well as links to similar information for national and...

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2010/01/15/canadian-avalanche-centre-app.html

11:43 a.m. on January 17, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
6 forum posts
Re: Canadian Avalanche Centre offers free iPhone app

For those who can afford an iphone and the service I sure think this is helpfull. I read in the Aspen Times that a man came up with an iphone application that can be used as a bear deterant.

I don't know but it kind of scared me that we will have no choice now but to justify brining technology into the backcountry. It is already hard for organizations like Outward Bound to explain to kids and parents that cell phone use is not encouraged.

Now if a cell phone is a safety tool what are we to do.

Heidi

December 21, 2014
Quick Reply