Safety Recall: Klean Kanteen Sport Cap 2.0

8:31 a.m. on May 11, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
0 reviewer rep
291 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Safety Recall: Klean Kanteen Sport Cap 2.0"

Klean Kanteen has announced a voluntary recall of its Sport Cap 2.0 spout due to a breaking and cracking hazard. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately and return them for an exchange.

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/articles/2010/05/11/safety-recall-klean-kanteen.html

11:11 p.m. on May 24, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

Has anybody bothered with this?

8:22 a.m. on May 25, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
501 reviewer rep
2,996 forum posts

We have one of the recalled caps (at least it looks like the shiny version, despite a lot of scratches).

I just filled out the form today. Unfortunately, you have to send back the cap to get the new cap (pre-paid though). Since it's the cap on my preschooler's water bottle I need to replace it, despite the inconvenience.

11:10 a.m. on May 25, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

My kids are old enough that they won't mess with a broken cap so I'm not too worried about choking. Seems to me if it breaks I'll just buy a new cap and call it a day.

11:23 a.m. on May 25, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
501 reviewer rep
2,996 forum posts

I'd do the same if she was older.

July 31, 2014
Quick Reply