$40K of gear up for grabs in outdoor treasure hunt

2:00 p.m. on June 22, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,071 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "$40K of gear up for grabs in outdoor treasure hunt"

If you live near Roanoke, Virginia, enjoy a good scavenger hunt in the woods, and wouldn't mind winning your share of $40,000 worth of outdoor gear, here's an event for you. On Sunday, July 11, GearJunkie.com and RoanokeOutside.com will host a one-day-only treasure hunt in Explore Park in Roanoke. The event "will blend elements from adventure racing with a substantial gear scavenger hunt,” ...

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2010/06/22/gear-treasure-hunt.html

1:40 p.m. on June 24, 2010 (EDT)
28 reviewer rep
63 forum posts

I just registered, looks like a great event. I just wish I would have seen it sooner. 2 weeks isn't much time to get into shape. How bad could two hours, balls out, in the middle of July be? Anyone else going?

8:32 a.m. on June 25, 2010 (EDT)
75 reviewer rep
306 forum posts

Alicia, this looks awesome! I wish that my schedule would allow me to participate in an event like this. I hope more events like this come around after I get done with my finals! Good luck to any/all of the Trailspace members that participate!

DJ

September 30, 2014
Quick Reply