The Gift of Outside: An Atypical Top Ten

3:37 p.m. on December 15, 2010 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,053 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "The Gift of Outside: An Atypical Top Ten"

See what's on our end-of-the-year, top-ten list for giving the gift of outside.

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2010/12/15/gift-of-outside.html

3:54 p.m. on December 16, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
40 forum posts

Great post Ms. Alicia,

As a commercial outfitter with an admitted personal bias I'll add to the list an upscale outdoor vacation. There is awesome backpacking in Hawaii, and if you have grown tired of carrying more than a daypack look into a Wilderness Walking trip anywhere. I have literally had the fortune to guide people and see them cry joyfully many times over several days. It is isn't cheap, but it is priceless.

7:36 p.m. on December 16, 2010 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,053 forum posts

Great post Ms. Alicia,

As a commercial outfitter with an admitted personal bias I'll add to the list an upscale outdoor vacation. There is awesome backpacking in Hawaii, and if you have grown tired of carrying more than a daypack look into a Wilderness Walking trip anywhere. I have literally had the fortune to guide people and see them cry joyfully many times over several days. It is isn't cheap, but it is priceless.

Thanks, Krumholz Kid.

An outdoor trip could be a combo of #1 (opportunity) and #8 (big ticket item); and some even offer the possibility of #2 (outdoor skills).

That could be quite an outdoor gift!

September 21, 2014
Quick Reply