About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Appalachian Trail increases 1.9 miles for 2011

1:12 p.m. on February 2, 2011 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
471 reviewer rep
2,916 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Appalachian Trail increases 1.9 miles for 2011"

Preparing for an Appalachian Trail thru hike this spring? Be forewarned. You may want to pack an extra energy bar for that final push. The Appalachian Trail Conservancy recently announced in its 2011 Appalachian Trail Data Book that at 2,181.0 miles, the trail's official length is now 1.9 miles longer. Every year the AT's total length shifts due to trail relocations and re-measurements. In 2010, ...

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2011/02/02/at-longer.html

8:22 p.m. on February 3, 2011 (EST)
37 reviewer rep
71 forum posts

Some day.........

11:22 p.m. on February 3, 2011 (EST)
72 reviewer rep
1,047 forum posts

Some day.........

You could do sections! I met some people thats all the can get in...I will be doing trip reports once a week from the trail come next month...I want to share it with everyone....

7:12 p.m. on February 8, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
884 reviewer rep
3,432 forum posts

Some day.........

You could do sections! I met some people thats all the can get in...I will be doing trip reports once a week from the trail come next month...I want to share it with everyone....

What section (s) will you be doing?

I'd love to see your trip reports.

8:59 p.m. on February 16, 2011 (EST)
72 reviewer rep
1,047 forum posts

Some day.........

What section (s) will you be doing?

I'd love to see your trip reports.

Trouthunter Sorry been reading gear reports and ordering gear. Light hiking to get in shape. I am doing a thru Hike. Hit GA  About March 20. then all the way to Maine..I'll post trip reports every week here while on the trail from wherever I can get a computer...I was asked to write an online journal also.

Hope to meet anyone from this forum even if it's for an hour or two on the trail if they can manage it...

9:46 a.m. on April 7, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

The Appalachian trail is legendary.....All true backpackers have got to do some part at least once in their lives....

12:05 p.m. on April 7, 2011 (EDT)
72 reviewer rep
1,047 forum posts

this is one that has brought alot of attention to hikers about the AT..

http://www.wcyb.com/community/27456942/detail.html

thought I would share this link and see what you think...The name of the article Is HIKING and LEARNING..Seems the link wouldn't work...

3:51 p.m. on April 15, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
12 forum posts

Link works for me...some good references in there too.  Thanks Denis.

4:15 p.m. on May 5, 2011 (EDT)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

NOOOOoooooo not even longer, damn.

4:37 p.m. on May 11, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

Sorta in the vein of the reports that Everest is increasing in elevation.  Something to do with the continent 'sinking', or some-such.

Noah looks to be a visionist, more than we realized.

r2

April 24, 2014
Quick Reply