Outdoor Retailer: Fashion Worthy meets Outdoor Styling

9:13 p.m. on February 4, 2011 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
501 reviewer rep
2,993 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Outdoor Retailer: Fashion Worthy meets Outdoor Styling"

There's plenty of technical outdoor apparel that's also stylish and can do double duty from trail to town. That's not what this photo blog is about though. It's a peek at a few of the outdoor-inspired fashionable duds I saw, and occasionally fondled, at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market in January. These pieces are for when you just want to look and feel outdoorsy.

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2011/02/04/outdoor-retailer-fashion.html

11:15 p.m. on February 4, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
968 reviewer rep
3,470 forum posts

Well I've spent so much money on gear this winter all I could afford would be the $99 down skirt. Does it come in plaid?

Cool stuff, I do like the Marmot Oslo jacket.

12:05 a.m. on February 5, 2011 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
501 reviewer rep
2,993 forum posts

Well I've spent so much money on gear this winter all I could afford would be the $99 down skirt. Does it come in plaid?

Cool stuff, I do like the Marmot Oslo jacket.

Sorry no plaid. It does come in blue, pink, black, orange, and white, though.

2:22 p.m. on February 5, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

The skirt would be plenty cute on you, go for it.

7:39 p.m. on February 5, 2011 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
501 reviewer rep
2,993 forum posts

The skirt would be plenty cute on you, go for it.

Thanks, Alan. You never know. I just might do it (I wouldn't want to be off-trend or something).

I know Trouthunter is in on it too, if we can only find him a plaid version!

8:13 p.m. on February 5, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
968 reviewer rep
3,470 forum posts

Yeah...I need the redneck version haha.

8:16 p.m. on February 5, 2011 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
501 reviewer rep
2,993 forum posts

There's always the Utilikilt. They come in khaki, black, even camo and tuxedo materials. They cost more than that down skirt though.

8:50 a.m. on February 7, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

Haha, the celt in me thinks those utilikilts are awesome and that I could pull it off, while the hetero american in me thinks I should probably not ;)

8:15 p.m. on June 19, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
6 forum posts

I was really happy to see that there is some new clothes that have a little more flare that are suitable for outdoor activity.  Do you think the down skirt would look fine with Mephisto shoes?   Thank for the link on the Utilikilt,  I have seen them but didn't know exactly what they were called.

July 25, 2014
Quick Reply