About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Vote in Trailspace Essay Contest now through April 11

10:44 a.m. on April 4, 2011 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
471 reviewer rep
2,913 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Vote in Trailspace Essay Contest now through April 11"

It's time to vote in the Trailspace Turns 10 essay contest and you, our community members, get to help decide who deserves to win a $100 gift certificate for new outdoor gear.

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2011/04/04/vote-trailspace-essay-contest.html

10:33 a.m. on April 5, 2011 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,137 forum posts

I wonder who is giving out negative votes? I wouldn't think an essay contest would warrant such overt passive aggression

10:47 a.m. on April 5, 2011 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
471 reviewer rep
2,913 forum posts
Re: Ice climbing.

I wonder who is giving out negative votes? I wouldn't think an essay contest would warrant such overt passive aggression.

I'm for positive feedback. I generally think that if you're thinking about rating someone else's contribution as unhelpful, you first should have to contribute something just as or more helpful yourself. It's easy to be a critic, much harder to be a positive contributor.

Getting off my soap box now...

11:01 a.m. on April 5, 2011 (EDT)
72 reviewer rep
1,045 forum posts

I have a question...What if we voted prior to this post? Are they already counted? Or do I need to vote again. Thank you

11:03 a.m. on April 5, 2011 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
471 reviewer rep
2,913 forum posts

I have a question...What if we voted prior to this post? Are they already counted? Or do I need to vote again. Thank you

If you voted earlier, it will still be counted. If you're not sure if you voted or not, you can simply click "Yes" again.

It will only count one Yes vote for member anyway, so there's no harm in clicking "Yes" again if you're not positive if you voted or not.

April 19, 2014
Quick Reply