"Legends of Climbing" portraits by Jim Herrington

5:01 a.m. on April 20, 2011 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
501 reviewer rep
2,995 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article ""Legends of Climbing" portraits by Jim Herrington"

Doug Robinson doing a first ascent on Temple Crag, Sierra Nevada, California. Used with permission. ©2009 Jim Herrington Over the past 15 years, photographer Jim Herrington, an avid mountain climber, has worked on a portrait series of legendary American mountaineers and rock climbers. Herrington's photographs of icons like Bradford Washburn, Royal Robbins, Jim Bridwell, Thomas Hornbein, and ...

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2011/04/20/herrington-legends-of-climbing.html

9:51 a.m. on April 20, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

An excellent collection, thanks.

11:55 p.m. on April 20, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
4 forum posts

Thanks for sharing this Alicia. I've heard about Jim's work previously and it's great to see that an exibit is being held...just wish it was a little bit closer to me. There's a good chance I will be swinging through Milwaukee on business in June and if I can swing it, I will definitely drop by Hanson Dodge Creative.

5:41 p.m. on April 24, 2011 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
501 reviewer rep
2,995 forum posts

I thought the images were great too. I'm glad you guys enjoyed them too. It was nice to be able to see a selection of Herrington's portraits on flickr, since most of us can't make it to Milwaukee.

There will be a book form eventually though.

July 29, 2014
Quick Reply