How your Leki poles are made, tonight at 9 p.m.

2:56 p.m. on June 10, 2011 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
700 reviewer rep
3,156 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "How your Leki poles are made, tonight at 9 p.m."

Ever wondered how your ski or trekking poles were made? Tonight (Friday, June 10) watch "How it's Made" on the Science Channel at 9 p.m. EST in the U.S. for a profile on Leki, maker of ski, trekking, and nordic walking poles. If you're in Canada, tune in to the Discovery Channel on Friday, July 17, at 8 p.m. EST. The producers of "How it's Made," a documentary program showing how common, everyday...

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2011/06/10/leki-find-out-how-its-made.html

6:50 p.m. on June 10, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

This is great. I just recently bought a pair of Leki poles. I will definitely be tuning in to watch. I am leaving in the morning for a weeklong trip on the trail. Plus I got this back pouch thingamabobber to try out. Thanks for the heads up Alicia, as always good stuff.

7:12 p.m. on June 10, 2011 (EDT)
33 reviewer rep
201 forum posts

I will be tuning in. Thanks for the heads up Trailspace.. aka Alicia.

9:21 p.m. on June 10, 2011 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
700 reviewer rep
3,156 forum posts

You're welcome. I hope it's good. I don't think I get the Science Channel though.

I would have posted it earlier, but only saw the info today.

10:41 p.m. on June 10, 2011 (EDT)
87 reviewer rep
1,086 forum posts

Funny Alicia Rick and I were talking about lekki poles on a thread this week. The program was good. Showed 100% what it takes to make ski poles and trekking poles. Great process..

11:49 p.m. on June 10, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I had to DVR it. For some odd reason I couldn't seem to get out of my local REI in time. Guess I will get to watch it next Sunday when I get back. :)

November 20, 2014
Quick Reply