Lowe's 20-year-old pack and gear on display at OR

10:44 a.m. on July 25, 2011 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
501 reviewer rep
2,995 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Lowe's 20-year-old pack and gear on display at OR"

Jeff Lowe's still-frozen VauDe pack (Photo: David Black) Outdoor Retailer starts next week and the teasers and press releases announcing new, revolutionary gear are abundant. But, it was some 20-year-old, recently thawed gear that caught my eye today. In the winter of 1991, Jeff Lowe abandoned his pack and rope on the Eiger's North Face after nine days of solo climbing, when he couldn't find ...

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2011/07/25/jeff-lowe-pack-display.html

12:49 p.m. on July 25, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I bet if there were Twinkies packed they would still be edible.

Alicia, are you gonna hook us up with some pics(may be a dumb question on my part duh...) I would love to see this in person. I have an extreme fascination when it comes to this type of stuff.... and 20yr old Snickers barsĀ :)

12:56 p.m. on July 25, 2011 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
501 reviewer rep
2,995 forum posts

Rick-Pittsburgh said:

I bet if there were Twinkies packed they would still be edible.

Alicia, are you gonna hook us up with some pics(may be a dumb question on my part?) I would love to see this in person. I have an extreme fascination when it comes to this type of stuff. :)

Yes, I will take pictures and share them here and on twitter, as much as possible from the show, including this story.

There should be plenty to talk about.

1:00 p.m. on July 25, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Good stuff, I follow TS on "tweeter" as well. Looking forward to seeing them.

July 29, 2014
Quick Reply