Fendler's epic "Lost on a Mountain in Maine" story featured in documentary

4:30 p.m. on July 30, 2011 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,025 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Fendler's epic "Lost on a Mountain in Maine" story featured in documentary"

For more than seven decades, schoolchildren in Maine and beyond have read Lost on a Mountain in Maine, the story of 12-year-old Donn Fendler's epic nine-day ordeal on (and around) Mount Kathadin in 1939. Fendler continues to recount his survival story in some Maine classrooms annually, but now others will have a chance to hear the tale in his own words, thanks to a documentary film. Ryan Cook and...

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2011/07/30/lost-on-a-mountain-in-maine-documentary.html

10:27 a.m. on December 14, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

my grandfather is paul avery and we beleave that myron avery was his unckel .i am very proud to know an anseter did so much.but i realy do not know much i have some photos from online my grandfather only had one photo in a book the more info i find the more i need. like on a hike i push my self to see around the next corner.thanks for listening

2:31 p.m. on December 19, 2011 (EST)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

Sounds like a great awareness coming for young people to get out and enjoy the outdoors.

September 1, 2014
Quick Reply